Notorious Notorious 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattlesnake

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I was looking at buying a Notorious 6S. I think it is one of the best looking rcs ever!

Anyway... I have 4s Lipos w/ec5 connectors...can I run one 4S battery in the notorious? I cant see how big the battery tray is anywhere on the spec sheet or on arrmas site. Does anyone know? also seen something about xt connectors? Does the Notorious not offer the same battery connection as the Outcast? I don't want to get into cutting cords and soldering new ends.

Have they worked out the bugs in the V5?..seen alot of bad press around the internet about the v4.

Thanks in advance!

The entire Arrma 6s line uses the same motor and ESC, which is 4s - 6s, so yes, it'll run on 4s. Unless you have an absurdly large 4s, it'll probably fit.
Screenshot_20220410-143620_Chrome.jpg

The XT90 connector was the old connector. Just ignore it for now. IC5/EC5 is a good connector IMO, and I see no reason to swap.

I've had no problems with the V5, though there are some preventative measures you can take to avoid damage.
Replace the center diff oil with something heavier. Some people's center diff housing melts because it diffs out to much. I recommend 300k - 500k cst oil to replace it.
Don't set the punch to high, don't drive to hard for your skill level and keep the RC lightweight are all things you can do to avoid breaking and wearing out parts.
Check everything according to this list.
I can guarantee you'll break your wing mount within 5 runs. @3d-rc.myshopify.com makes a way better one.

The entire Arrma 6s line uses the same motor and ESC, which is 4s - 6s, so yes, it'll run on 4s. Unless you have an absurdly large 4s, it'll probably fit.
View attachment 211220

The XT90 connector was the old connector. Just ignore it for now. IC5/EC5 is a good connector IMO, and I see no reason to swap.

I've had no problems with the V5, though there are some preventative measures you can take to avoid damage.
Replace the center diff oil with something heavier. Some people's center diff housing melts because it diffs out to much. I recommend 300k - 500k cst oil to replace it.
Don't set the punch to high, don't drive to hard for your skill level and keep the RC lightweight are all things you can do to avoid breaking and wearing out parts.
Check everything according to this list.
I can guarantee you'll break your wing mount within 5 runs. @3d-rc.myshopify.com makes a way better one.

Sweet! So my batteries will work. My biggest is 153x46x43...so i shouldnt have any problems.

The ec5 connectors will plug straight into this guy then? Do I need to do anything special to just run one 4s or will I need to buy anything extra to do so?

awesome checklist!

while were at it...can anyone rec'd a good wrench set for this vehicle?

Sweet! So my batteries will work. My biggest is 153x46x43...so i shouldnt have any problems.

The ec5 connectors will plug straight into this guy then? Do I need to do anything special to just run one 4s or will I need to buy anything extra to do so?
It'll go right in 👍🏽

If you bought new it should have a looper plug for the extra cable if you're only running one battery. That's all you need 👍

If you bought new it should have a looper plug for the extra cable if you're only running one battery. That's all you need 👍
🎯

didn’t buy it yet…just wanted to make sure everything I have would work ok w/it first.

was considering another outcast 4s or Kraton 4s….but they are on backorder until July. Not sure if the notorious 6s is worth $130 more…but it’s avail now. I plan on giving the other outcast to my son.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back