Notorious Notorious, any weak points?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko R1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Notorious
Hi guys,

I have the K8S EXB and decided to order the Notorious today which looks like sooo much fun with shorter wheelbase, backflips & wheelies for days :)

Are there any weak points with the Notorious to watch out for? For example, ppl rave how the chassis bends on the K8S but obviously anything will bend when you send it to the moon :)

Cheer's

Totally worth getting IMO! They're the stoutest out of the line up so it'll be very unlikely to bend, especially with metal chassis braces, even if they're cheap GPM or HR ones... unless you're going stratospheric 🤣 I reckon the chassis most likely to bend out of the 6S cars is the Kraton RTR, with it's LWB and plastic braces

The only weak point I had with my V4 was that the Backflip tyres had a habit of coming away from the rims - I had one tear on me but was replaced under warranty. Sometimes the OE glue jobs can't withstand 6S power, especially when diffing out. Check the tyres frequently when running hard 👍

The thing with the O6S/N6S - they are so much fun, and seem to beg you to send them. I am not a big air guy with any of my RCs, except for my Granite and O6S... Something about an overpowered SWM truck just makes me want to send it. And with any Send-it + bad landing, you will get breaks.

On the plus side, the shorter chassis seems to bend less than my K6S, even with my Kraton does not get sent as hard.

Here are a couple upgrade parts that I have replaced and are pretty low cost replacements:
Upper hinge brace: ARA330659 - FRONT UPPER SUSPENSION MOUNT CNC ALUMINUM (Red)
Servo Mount: ARA320574 - ALUMINUM SERVO MOUNT
HR Center Diff Mount: HOT RACING HRAANN38A02 ALUMINUM CENTER DIFFERENTIAL EZM MOUNT
RPM skid and bumper F&R as well as wing mount.

Overall very durable right out of the box. Well worth the $$. You may also need to add some e-clips to the servo saver spring.

Good luck!

Hi guys,

I have the K8S EXB and decided to order the Notorious today which looks like sooo much fun with shorter wheelbase, backflips & wheelies for days :)

Are there any weak points with the Notorious to watch out for? For example, ppl rave how the chassis bends on the K8S but obviously anything will bend when you send it to the moon :)

Cheer's
@Notorious J has a LOT of weak points

Thanks guys for the feeeback, getting it today woo hoo!!! Actually, it’s for my 7yr old son so it’s a double whammy as I too gain from driving it! Some may say I’m crazy for getting a 6s for a 7yr old but he has amazing control, just like his dad haha

Skyline GTR is where it’s at :) I’ve owned mine for over 15yrs…I can’t part with it!

Thanks guys for the feeeback, getting it today woo hoo!!! Actually, it’s for my 7yr old son so it’s a double whammy as I too gain from driving it! Some may say I’m crazy for getting a 6s for a 7yr old but he has amazing control, just like his dad haha

Skyline GTR is where it’s at :) I’ve owned mine for over 15yrs…I can’t part with it!
....you have a what now...

The Noto will wheelie all day long and it will amaze at first. Just that the Novelty will wear off real quick when you find it hard to control. And Wheelies are for kids toys. It will need to be dialed in to actually run it on all fours. Or you will be diffing out and ripping tires and diffs apart. That gets expensive and tiring real fast. Trust me.:cool:
With kids, best to run the Noto on 3s or 4s at first. Even adults not familiar with the Noto will benefit. I like my 6s rigs on 4s 50% of the time. 6s for really wide open fields.

The Noto will wheelie all day long and it will amaze at first. Just that the Novelty will wear off real quick when you find it hard to control. And Wheelies are for kids toys. It will need to be dialed in to actually run it on all fours. Or you will be diffing out and ripping tires and diffs apart. That gets expensive and tiring real fast. Trust me.:cool:
With kids, best to run the Noto on 3s or 4s at first. Even adults not familiar with the Noto will benefit. I like my 6s rigs on 4s 50% of the time. 6s for really wide open fields.
I get what you are saying mate and can appreciate it as well
...YOU HAVE A GTR!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!
Yeah :) apparently they’ve become quite popular in the states?

After one year, about the only thing stock that remains on my notorious is the motor and ecu. I have a “shadow” Notorious of old and broken stuff. And. It. Is. Awesome!

So it arrived - it’s for my 7yr old son, birthday next week cough cough :)

6s for a young kid - am I silly? Lol
Haven’t opened it yet

Attachments

• 8E024A7A-4A6A-436E-8F44-F6F42C8EBFF4.jpeg
    8E024A7A-4A6A-436E-8F44-F6F42C8EBFF4.jpeg
    436.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 6E1C0CDA-4BB7-4543-AC34-6658E30EEB33.jpeg
    6E1C0CDA-4BB7-4543-AC34-6658E30EEB33.jpeg
    436.9 KB · Views: 43
^^^ Come on now. Its really for you isn't it???

are you kidding me come on GIF by Spotify

Kidding aside. Start your son on 3s or 4s. It will run on 3s also. Trust me. Unless you won't mind wrenching it alot. Broken arms wing mounts, body posts and so on. It is a wheelie monster on 6s and uncontrollable out the box and needs diff fluid tweaking. Wheelies will seem like fun until the drivetrain craps out on you. been there.
My son got his Noto 3 years ago. Started him on 4s. for a year. He was 8 yo. But he had alot of RC experience driving since he was 6 yo. He has 6 rigs of his own now. Now he runs the Noto on 6s and the Infracton 6s into to 90's mph. These running at 6s are very dangerous for young kids. He hit my ankle a few times when he started with the fast heavy rigs.. They are heavy and don't brake quickly like the smaller rigs. Thankfully never hurt himself when he was younger.:cool:

I hear you mate - my son has driven my Xray truggy 4s but it’s an absolute bullet as it’s light - he has great control just like his old man :)
I do have a spare 4s and I will take your advise on this - safety is always first

^^^
Great he is following in Dads footsteps. He def has 4s experience running a High End Xray. Awseome.(y)(y)
My son drives better than I now. Honestly. Maybe its all that X-box stuff.:LOL:
I would get him into serious Racing. And Pit for him if I could. He is that good and wants to. Just no tracks near me any longer. :( Racing 35 years ago got me into this hobby. Never put RC down since.:cool:
A Noto will run fine on 4s. Will break less also. Less wear on the drivetrain also.
You can run 6s initially with the ESC Punch way down or lower than default setting first. Easier to drive.

I can see you been doing this for a while.(y);) My son was barely walking and trying to reach for my rigs up high on the shelf. Some thing he always liked of my stuff. It just grew on him. Was always around my stuff bashing and all. He always got a toy RC for the holidays as young child. Once he drove the good stuff, he wouldn't look at another Toy RC again.:cool: Much supervision is needed. That's all.
All these Hobby grade RC's are for age 14+.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back