Notorious Notorious battery questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PartsBreaker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
6s notorious

How do you run a single 3s battery?
I have the looper connector, when I plug a single 3s it will beep once, then twice, then three times and so on then starts the process over at one beep.
Do I select something at this time if so how?

Also, could I remove the dual plug set up and run a single plug for a 6s battery or a single 3s?

How do you do a factory reset on esc? My throttle trims start going out after a few mins of driving till it just gets worse and worse. Let it sit, and its good for a bit again till its not.

Depending on what type of connector you use, just make up or buy a jumper..

dync0166.jpg

Most 6s ESC's have 2 connectors so you don't need to get 1 big 6s battery, but can also use 2 3s batteries. This is good if you for example already have a lot of 3s batteries, and no 6s batteries.

Jumpers make an ESC with 2 connectors compatible with a single battery, so: Yes, if you use the jumper, you can use a single 6s (or 4s) battery.

I thought jumpers were included with 6s ARRMAs.

I do have the jumper, bought the truck used with another truck, losi scbe ten, converted to 6s, so I may not have everything that came stock.

Also, one of my connectors is loose and cuts power in and out.
Can I convert it to one battery connector, and if so hows the best way.

I have new 6s batteries coming so I'm not worried about running 2 3s's

Yes you can go to a single connection for one 6s battery you will just have to cut and re solder a single connection instead of the split double. If your ESC is the BLX185 it will run on 3s with the loop connector as said above so I'm thinking your ESC is not the BLX185?

That looks like the BLX185 but I can't fully see. I'm not to familiar with older versions ie V1,V2,V3, but I have the V4 with the BLX185 and it will run just fine on 3s. You did state you may have a bad connection which could be causing the problem, although it wouldn't turn on your ESC at all. Just like if you don't plug one connection with the loop and try a single battery it won't turn on at all so I'm not sure why it is turning on and not doing anything. Might need to reprogram the ESC possibly but this is what I input I have on the issue, hopefully others will comment with some help as well.

Look up the manual for programming the ESC, should be able to find it on here if not go to Horizon Hobby website and download it for free. Yes I get it powers up but it shouldn't keep beeping unless something is wrong ie low battery, not programmed right, not connecting/binding to remote, wires not connected correctly etc.

Looking it up online looks like the esc does not have a specific program for 3s or 6s that is adjustable.
Maybe mine just won't run a single 3s?
What would you need pics of to tell what version?
20201109_200831.jpg

20201109_200855.jpg

Still haven't figured out how to program, watched a couple videos, im holding the button town till it cycles past 5 and starts over then I let off at a setting and it won't do anything. It continues its 1-5 count.

Also the lumper connector works, tried it without and I get no power. But haven't been able to try a single 6s yet.

Last edited:
Anybody might have a clue on what truck i might have?
Is there somewhere on the frame that might say?

Having a hard time figuring out programming cause not even sure what truck I have ?

Its clearly a 6s ARRMA, and they all have the same 6s brushless system, so it shouldn’t make a difference wich car it is

But programming as in which setting does what, appears to be different from different models.

I'm also wondering if how you program is different, cause I'm watching videos, holding the button down till all the flashes are done, and I still can't select any functions.

Something must be different.

If it's a noto or outcast it would or should still have the same BLX185 ESC. Look at the side of the ESC by the power switch it should say BLX185 on the ESC. I'm guessing with the issue your ESC is shot and will need replaced. It shouldn't not allow programming as you said it won't program and just keeps giving the same beeps and lights.

Huh... this makes me wonder if 3S is why my blx185 won't program... I know the esc is built to work with 3S, 4S and 6S, per the manual, but mine won't go into programming mode properly either and I have it running on 3S in my stampede... I don't have a 4S or 6S pack around to try and see. Maybe I can get creative with some alligator clips, just to program it.

I can't get mine into calibration mode, it just goes into settings mode, but the set button won't take me into any setting. It just cycles through the settings no matter how long I hold the set button on startup.

I was trying programing on 6s.

All it will do is beep on 3s.

I'll check later to make sure its a 185.

If its going out, is that maybe why my throttle trims keep going out after about 5 mins?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back