Notorious Notorious battery questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did try 6S on mine using some alligator clips to daisy chain them together. Still does the same thing. The set button pressed while powering on takes it to the setting menu, but after that, the set button does nothing and it just cycles through the setting tones on it's own like I'm not pressing the button 100 times repeatedly cursing it in vain...

Oh well... was worth a try. :(

Yeah now mine just flashes green 3 times over and over and I have no throttle.

I know I need to call arrma but I bought the truck second hand, not sure if arrma will do much for me.

If arrma can't help me, is there recommendations on different esc?

Around 160$ for the m6

I have a tekin rx8 gen2 in another car and it seems to work well, its running an arrma blx 6s motor.
I haven't had the cars for a long time but that one seems to run pretty well.

I keep hearing about castle also.

Tekin run around 170

Castle, haven't priced those yet.

What are pros and cons to the different ESC?!?

20201123_193334.jpg
20201123_193348.jpg
20201123_193422.jpg

Also needa steering servo, that one is cracked on the mounts and steering is really weak

Castle is sensored, wich is great for racing, but as a basher you won’t need it. The sensored features make castle products way more expensive than hobbywing.

Hobbywing has great quality products, and their prices are good. They don’t have a lot of settings, just the basics, they’re almost the same as the BLX systems (the BLX systems are probably Rembrandts HW).

Yeah now mine just flashes green 3 times over and over and I have no throttle.

I know I need to call arrma but I bought the truck second hand, not sure if arrma will do much for me.

If arrma can't help me, is there recommendations on different esc?
Try a 1s battery

The max 6 does seem to come well equipped. Good to know that about the castles.

I don't have any 1s batteries. Why are you saying to try a 1s tho?

Any input on good steering servos?

I think a < 25kg amazon servo ($20-30) should be good enough if you aren't racing and don't want the absolute best.

If you're casualy bashing, you probably won't need expensive stuff, if there are cheaper (good) options. But always read customer reviews

Well amazon f'ed me up on this price..

Screenshot_20201125-110541_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Max 6 esc and 1650kv motor

Then I stumble across LWB outcast and it gets me to thinking. Another frame came with the outcast and suprise suprise

20201124_215425.jpg

What to do, what to do ???

Resolved alot of steering issues i had, something seemed to be binding and it would bearly turn big tires.
Got new rpm a arms and noticed my upper arm was not an rpm arm but the bottom arm was.
That seemed to be binding steering, new rpm arms on and it now steers pretty good side to side sitting still on big tires.
Still no throttle. Waiting on max 6 to come in.

20201125_193607.jpg

Not 100% sure but I don't think any version of the Notorious supported 3s. Just 4 & 6.
Actually it does support a single 3S. Most don't use it however.
But this question comes up a lot.
I tried it. It works.
20201125_233717.jpg

I think its a kraton frame, does the frame run strait all the way thru or does the nose bend up?

If its bent nothing a hammer can't fix right ?

20201129_133455.jpg
20201129_133600.jpg
20201129_134154.jpg

Just out of curiosity, try unplugging your steering servo from the receiver, then try turning it on. I actually had the same issue when my steering servo shorted, every time I turned the esc on it would cycle through the beeps then do it again like it turned off and on.

Tried that, still does the same thing.

Its actually changed from the other day.
It was 3 green flashes when powered on but no throttle.
Now its just red flashes.

I haven't even driven It to mess it up more, wth ?

Yes, the frames kick up on the front on all the trucks.

I've been running a blx185 on 3S all this year in my stampede 4x4, fwiw. However, for some reason, mine won't go into calibration mode no matter what I do. I even tried putting 6S on it to see if that had something to do with it, but nope. I hold the button, turn it on and it just goes into the settings mode. Even there, if I try pressing the set button, it won't take me into any of the options. It's so odd... because clearly, the set button is doing something or it wouldn't go into settings mode in the first place.

20201211_192928.jpg

What are my options for mounting the 4985.
I've heard of shimming the motor mount. Dumb question, does that raise the center diff?
If so the rear drive shaft already looks awefully close to the HR rear brace, I shim that up to?
Or new motor mount, which ones?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back