Notorious Notorious BLX 185 ESC FLASHING GREEN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vman38

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi Guys
Had my Son's Notorious out on Friday running 2 Overlander 3s 55c packs as always. It ran for about 30 seconds just fine then throttle cut off but steering still working. ESC flashing green constantly. Tried recalibrating, factory reset, GT 85 on all connections and turn on off numerous times but still no joy.
I removed the ESC and put in the BLX 185 from my V1 Kraton that I am rebuilding and it works fine!

I have contacted Horizon who have advised me to post the ESC back to them to have a look at.

Am I missing anything obvious thats wrong before I send it back? Any help appreciated - Thanks

If there is anything you can do its probably in this thread?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx185-no-throttle-green-light-flashes-4-times.5116/

Try this one..
Thanks
If there is anything you can do its probably in this thread?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx185-no-throttle-green-light-flashes-4-times.5116/

Try this one..
Took a quick look there but unfortunately it won't let me do a factory reset, I've already tried, and there is no nimh mode in the Notorious ESC. Thanks for your help anyways!:)

Last edited:
Thats really weird... I'd have thought all BLX185 Escs would be the same. Mine has it.

Is it maybe a BLX180?
Def a 185 here's a screen shot of the tuning options. I even tried changing with the program card but no joy!
Screenshot_20191014-105252.png

Mine is in a 2019 v4 typhon and has it. Yours must just have newer fw..

I'd try powering it up with a single 3s and see what happens..

Last edited:

Cheers will try that later tonight.:)

Good stuff... It was just a hunch that the lipo insertion spark might have messed up the voltage read and put the esc in limbo.. ?

No need to thank me, I'm just happy for you that its working again. :)

Maybe a cap pack might help avoid it if thats what it was..

Last edited:
Good stuff... It was just a hunch that the lipo insertion spark might have messed up the voltage read and put the esc in limbo.. ?

No need to thank me, I'm just happy for you that its working again. :)

Maybe a cap pack might help avoid it if thats what it was..
Will def get a cap pack fitted. I have one on the other BLX from my V1 Kraton just cause I run a low kv motor in it. If it sorts this from happening again then its a pretty easy fix thankfully!
Really appreciate your help thanks again!:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back