Notorious Notorious Broken But Fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadmanDan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
First time driving the Notorious last night and wow what a beast! Broke some stuff though, wing, wheelie bar, and front bumper. Should i get a T-bone front bumper or RPM? Then what wing/wheelie setup should I get? Or just ride it with no wing/wheeliebar. Also my body started to crack in the rear and lost a body clip, thinking of gorilla taping it tonight with 2 layers. Thanks for any input!

I'm running RPM on the front, t-bone on the rear with wheelie bar.

As for the TBR wheelie bar/skid... I'm not sure what's best, but I modified mine because I didn't like how it mounted and repurposed two of the diff cap bolts. I stripped the threads on both of the screws holding the TBR mount and ended up drilling them clear through, using longer bolts and mounting the TBR piece different since I removed the sway bars. Now it's solid and the load on the diff cap screws is spread to all 4 screws vs just the top 2 and there's not near the leverage pulling on the cap screws themselves anymore.

2018-0921-Outcast-RearExtendedBulkScrews.jpg

2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg

some of the t bone stuff is hit and miss. lot of guy's getting bumper's that don't fit wright

First time driving the Notorious last night and wow what a beast! Broke some stuff though, wing, wheelie bar, and front bumper. Should i get a T-bone front bumper or RPM? Then what wing/wheelie setup should I get? Or just ride it with no wing/wheeliebar. Also my body started to crack in the rear and lost a body clip, thinking of gorilla taping it tonight with 2 layers. Thanks for any input!
Hey MadMan Dan...... sweet name by the way!
I use RPM front bumper, and Kraton T-bone on the rear, on my Outcast. Zero issues this far.

I see they have 2 versions of front bumper from tbone. I see RPM SKU: 81472 for the krayton front bumper only.

I see they have 2 versions of front bumper from tbone. I see RPM SKU: 81472 for the krayton front bumper only.
For what it's worth, I only got the RPM one for the front because that was what the LHS had when I bought it. I didn't want to drive it without any front end protection as the stock one was anemic at best. I had RPM ones in the past on other trucks and it held up well. I run t-bone rear with a wheelie bar on 4 of my larger trucks (savage flux hp, savage x, ERBEv1, outcast) and on the front of my stampede 4x4, ERBEv1, ejato.

Have had good luck with TBR so far. Most of them do fit in a way I don't particular care for, but if you have some spare plastic around that is resilient, they can be made to work quite well. I'm sure they work ok in the way they are intended, but I don't like having a skid/bumper that long that isn't held on by both the top side and bottom to avoid having it be a big lever that rips the screws out of the bottom. Aside from that, the material is tough and the design is done so that it protects more than stock.

I had to get pretty creative with the one on my stampede. I modified the mounting situation for every one of them now that I think on it a bit...

Tbone has two version of front bumper: Kraton model (old model) and notorious/outcast version (new model)

I have the Kraton version only cause the notorious one was still not for sale and I wasn't aware they were doing it.

Kraton version (mine) fits but it hits the body in the lower front a little bit. However I think it looks cooler than the notorious new version.

Notorious version is a little bigger and even in the bars, it has a good gap between the body and bumper which prevents this to collide , however some folks don't like so much gap.

If you are planning to add front leds (lights) I recommend the Outcast bumper version cause the four little holes at top protected instead of bottom.

Anyway, this is mine with the Kraton version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back