Notorious Notorious Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biglurr54

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I purchased my first real hobby grade rc car. My son and I have been modifying and messing with some 9125 Chinese rc cars that have been fun but I wanted to upgrade.

I got a Blue Notorious. Its in the mail! I picked up 2x 3s 5200mah packs and a HTRC t240 charger. I plan on picking up another set of batteries soon and plan on running on 6s.

I ordered GKA front and rear aluminum braces and a servo mount. I ordered Tekno orange springs for the front and rear shocks and 50wt oil for the rear and 60wt oil for the front. I got a Mugen Shim kit (E0206) and Tekno TKR1222 shim kit for the diffs. I plan to run 60k/100k/20k (F/M/R) for diff fluids. I have a Fast Eddies bearing kit to go in it.

Once all this work is done and I get a few packs through the set up, I will purchase TBR front and rear bumpers and wing mounts.

Is there any other upgrades I should be looking at? What should be next? T2T brace? RPM arms? Aluminum shock towers?

M2C chassis and shock towers if you want to send it! ?

oops and chassis braces too

Last edited:
T2T brace comes on the latest Noto but with the common M2C upgrades you'll see on the forum you'll probably not need it. Servo mount upgrade, chassis braces and shock stand offs and if you plan to get biggest air the shock towers and chassis will be needed after some bad landings.

So I purchased my first real hobby grade rc car. My son and I have been modifying and messing with some 9125 Chinese rc cars that have been fun but I wanted to upgrade.

I got a Blue Notorious. Its in the mail! I picked up 2x 3s 5200mah packs and a HTRC t240 charger. I plan on picking up another set of batteries soon and plan on running on 6s.

I ordered GKA front and rear aluminum braces and a servo mount. I ordered Tekno orange springs for the front and rear shocks and 50wt oil for the rear and 60wt oil for the front. I got a Mugen Shim kit (E0206) and Tekno TKR1222 shim kit for the diffs. I plan to run 60k/100k/20k (F/M/R) for diff fluids. I have a Fast Eddies bearing kit to go in it.

Once all this work is done and I get a few packs through the set up, I will purchase TBR front and rear bumpers and wing mounts.

Is there any other upgrades I should be looking at? What should be next? T2T brace? RPM arms? Aluminum shock towers?
Congrats on the purchase. Good choices for upgrades so far. As mentioned, an M2C chassis should definitely be considered moving forward. I found the suspension mounts/hinge pin holders to also be a weak point. Custom Rc Upgrades are available in the US through Just Bash It rc. Voltage are good, but seem hard to come by of late. Hot Racing only if availability becomes an issue. Suggest you don't get right to shimming. Newer models are shimmied better from the factory. Check the difs for fluid and close them back up. Run it for a while, maybe 10 packs, then check them again. One shim on the outside of the bearing f/r difs spur side, to help seat the spur and pinion more snug. Stock t2t should be fine for now. Towers are dependent on how bad you land on the roof. Good driving helps remedy the need for them, but I'd you decide you should, M2C Racing makes the best to date. Might want to buy a servo now. Setting the end points on the stock one helps, but they're weak at best. Amazon 25kg servo still the best bang for the buck. Everything's about budget, but looking back now, everything I
mentioned plus what you already have, would have meant more run time in the early days. Pretty nice size batteries. Keep an eye on the temps with the extended run time. Read up on punch control of the esc. You might be bumping it up sooner than you think. Good luck and hope you both enjoy it.

Sounds good. I think i will rock the stock chassis until it bends, then i will upgrade to the M2C. I see that the shock attachment points seem to be a weak point, do the shock stand offs address this or do they have a different purpose?

Whats the best way to address the shocks coming off issue?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back