Notorious Notorious clicking under hard acceleration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrma sent me a full center diff that I installed yesterday. I didn’t really think it was going to fix the problem but wanted to rule it out. So after it was installed, it still clicked. Now they are sending me a full front and rear diff.

Arrma sent me a full center diff that I installed yesterday. I didn’t really think it was going to fix the problem but wanted to rule it out. So after it was installed, it still clicked. Now they are sending me a full front and rear diff.
That is awesome. So just for kicks.. look close at the pinion gear... it’s not making contact with your motor mount is it? I had this happen once and i couldn’t figure out the racket either... it was still held on tight that it functioned ok but just made a terrible noise. Took me forever to figure it out..

That’s not the noise. If I ease into the throttle slowly I don’t hear it. It’s definitely teeth skipping somewhere but I have removed, disassembled, shimmed, and reassembled everything and I still get it. I hear the spiral diff gears from the exb can fix it but I don’t think I should have to pay for these parts. My truck is only a few weeks old and is barely used because right when I first used it I heard the clicking and stopped using it after. I didn’t want Arrma to say the clicking is my fault from abuse or anything. The truck is completely spotless still

0D541780-0831-4F60-929E-231A974466CC.jpeg

Said it before, it's in your front diff and probably just missing a shim or two.
Now that you have some replacements on the way you should open it up and add shims. This is a maintenance item that you will have to do anyway.

I did add the shims. Under the planetary gear, on the spider gears, on the bearing outside of the diff cup to push the diff into the input gear, and behind the input gear. They’re now sending me spiral gears

The spiral diff kit that Arrma sent me fixed my problem. Truck runs excellent now. The only bad part is the 10k diff fluid they sent me is thinner than I would use but I wanted to make sure I did everything they asked to see if the problem was fixed. So now when it wheelies the front tires balloon like crazy but there is no clicking anymore

The spiral diff kit that Arrma sent me fixed my problem. Truck runs excellent now. The only bad part is the 10k diff fluid they sent me is thinner than I would use but I wanted to make sure I did everything they asked to see if the problem was fixed. So now when it wheelies the front tires balloon like crazy but there is no clicking anymore
Wow!Im very happy for ya man :)
(my very first post)

That is awesome. So just for kicks.. look close at the pinion gear... it’s not making contact with your motor mount is it? I had this happen once and i couldn’t figure out the racket either... it was still held on tight that it functioned ok but just made a terrible noise. Took me forever to figure it out..
How did you fix this? My cars making a clicking sound and i'm wondering if the pinion is somehow touching very breifly the motor mount.

@MrJoe posrt a video of your 'clicking'. Impossible to diagnose.
You would see wear marks on the motor mount if anything is scrubbing. These turn at 42000rpm i.e. there is no clicking, you might just hear normal noise by the motor with it's magnets.

@MrJoe posrt a video of your 'clicking'. Impossible to diagnose.
You would see wear marks on the motor mount if anything is scrubbing. These turn at 42000rpm i.e. there is no clicking, you might just hear normal noise by the motor with it's magnets.
Thanks for getting back I found what was happening. V4 diff is actually rubbing against the chasis which is for an Exb vehicle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back