notorious diff issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Typhon 3s
so im trying to figure out witch way does the diff go in on what side should the spiral gear face left or right and how tight does the gear mesh on the diff and input gear have to be and i only have power in the front little to no power in the rear

The position of the ring gear on the Noto chassis is always to the left side when facing it. But also notice there is an indentation(recess) below the gear on the chassis where that Ring needs to be over for clearance. That can be your reference.
Mesh between the input gear and diff ring gear is acquired feel. You need shims on hand obviously, and placed on the ring gear side bearing. Without shims, installed, see if there is side play left and right. The whole diff assy. should not shift left or right. Just snug. Use shims to get the play out. But by removing the whole diff case/bulkhead and looking thru the bottom will reveal the input gear as it meshes to the ring gear for a visual inspection. There's a slight learning curve. Learned by trial and error.. just doing it yourself. There are many videos available to show you and many threads here in regards to this. Hopefully others may chime in with their own tips. Hope this helps some. :cool:

Last edited:
Blown out Ring/Input gear. Gears are stripped. No engagement. Take it all out and you should be able to see the damaged gears. Send us pictures if possible. Its even possible the internal satellite and sun gears are toasted within the differential cup assy. Perhaps a sun gear pin snapped/let go . These are all normal things that can fail. Happens to us all. Normal wear and sometimes failing to maintain or even user error from driving (from on throttle landing) can contribute to this.
I hope I understood your question. So your rear wheels free spin while the fronts don't? correct? Without any power while on the bench?
I am citing potential parts that would cause what you see. You need to inspect your whole differential. Is it removed as we speak?? You may have tried reversing the Ring gear???? IDK.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back