Notorious Notorious First impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Reaction score
First and foremost, What the fiddlestick is up with the manual?? Its mostly Chinese with some broken ass English thrown in to confuse the living hell out of me.. Can someone help me decipher the user manual??

Like theres so many buttons on the transmitter what the hell do they do?

I've mange to get the trim set so my car don't drive to the right anymore but that's about all I've done.. Not sure what the twisty nobs do cept for the trim..

Unsure if theres anything I need to setup on the ESC or is it good to go out of the box??

The body clips. are a real pain in the ass why didn't they go to that clipless mount system.. UGH! I HATE CLIPS!

Other then that this car is fiddlesticking amazing im blown away at the sheer speed and WHEELIES holy crap I did a wheelie going i dunno at least 20mph down the friggin road for like 30 feet! AMAZING!

Can't wait to get this thing out on the open road or dirt and get some jumps and stuff going.

Over all tho this car is beyond amazing and im completely shamed that I didn't buy this car first.

fiddlestick you traxxas :D Thank you arrma!!!! You saved my wallet and my hobby from becoming empty and hollow.

Start on the first page on the manual and look for the written English language. Read that and skip the languages you don't understand. There are some things you really need to know before you go ripping around (steering end points, ESC calibration). Hope that helps.

I've had mine for a few weeks, not having owned an RC in probably 30 years . . . the Notorious is a nuts beast! Offroading at high speed is crazy fun. It's so fast/powerful it feels like the front end is just floating off the ground, ha. Hard not to smile when I'm driving it.

The first time I took it out I was not expecting so much torque and just flipped her right over . . .

Youtube has some good videos on setting the end points.

First and foremost, What the fiddlestick is up with the manual?? Its mostly Chinese with some broken ass English thrown in to confuse the living hell out of me.. Can someone help me decipher the user manual??

Like theres so many buttons on the transmitter what the hell do they do?

I've mange to get the trim set so my car don't drive to the right anymore but that's about all I've done.. Not sure what the twisty nobs do cept for the trim..

Unsure if theres anything I need to setup on the ESC or is it good to go out of the box??

The body clips. are a real pain in the ass why didn't they go to that clipless mount system.. UGH! I HATE CLIPS!

Other then that this car is fiddlesticking amazing im blown away at the sheer speed and WHEELIES holy crap I did a wheelie going i dunno at least 20mph down the friggin road for like 30 feet! AMAZING!

Can't wait to get this thing out on the open road or dirt and get some jumps and stuff going.

Over all tho this car is beyond amazing and im completely shamed that I didn't buy this car first.

fiddlestick you traxxas :D Thank you arrma!!!! You saved my wallet and my hobby from becoming empty and hollow.
I'm happy that you like the Outcast so far. On page 23 of the manual it goes over the transmitter with the throttle and steering trims and the dual rate steering. I also don't like how they have all of the languages together and wish they would have done an English section, a Spanish section and so on, but it is what it is.

I've had mine for a few weeks, not having owned an RC in probably 30 years . . . the Notorious is a nuts beast! Offroading at high speed is crazy fun. It's so fast/powerful it feels like the front end is just floating off the ground, ha. Hard not to smile when I'm driving it.

The first time I took it out I was not expecting so much torque and just flipped her right over . . .

Youtube has some good videos on setting the end points.

Omg I know the smile I had was 9 miles wide and a cpl tho drove by were watching me and smiling at the wheelies lol

But yeah youtube I think is gonna have to be, the manual is beyond confusing I can understand SOME of it, but the end point setting and the ESC calibration is beyond understandable..

Really the manual is my biggest gripe with the car lol

Your my hero! :D

But I did catch a youtube video real quick and got the esc calibrated and punch set and brake set.

thank god you youtube, But im printing out that manual u just linked me, This Chinese bablefish is for the birds.

And it would have been nice for the manual to tell me 1 long ass beep = 4 beeps, I was so fiddlesticking confused when tryin to set the punch to 9 but kept getting 4 beeps then 1 beep im like WTF!SDIJGJGJ

but I got it :D

Jesus this thing is a friggin BEAST on 6S wow. Im seriously impressed with this machine worth every single penny and then some!

How is the car only 500$ and it woops the competitions ass!!!

God I love this friggin car! :D

And I ain't broke nothing yet!!

The guy @ the LHS was a little pissy with me when i said I bought an arrma notorious, hes like yeah Have fun working on it when it breaks, Im just thinking.. uhhh yeah right this ain't traxxas this thing is a beast it don't break! :p

Now I just needa get at those diff's and shim up and fluid up, but I just did my stampede today so im not really in the mood for more friggin maintence..

Supposed to be around 40 for 3 days hoping a lot of this snow melts and I can build a jump or something, dying to see this car fly thru the air land and NOT BREAK ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like @bicketybam said, there's some important settings you need to check. Punch and brake settings will help making it controllable or completely outrageous, steering end points are a must if you want your servo to last more than a minute, and make sure the fail safe is set.

Your my hero! :D

But I did catch a youtube video real quick and got the esc calibrated and punch set and brake set.

thank god you youtube, But im printing out that manual u just linked me, This Chinese bablefish is for the birds.

And it would have been nice for the manual to tell me 1 long ass beep = 4 beeps, I was so fiddlesticking confused when tryin to set the punch to 9 but kept getting 4 beeps then 1 beep im like WTF!SDIJGJGJ

but I got it :D

Jesus this thing is a friggin BEAST on 6S wow. Im seriously impressed with this machine worth every single penny and then some!

How is the car only 500$ and it woops the competitions ass!!!

God I love this friggin car! :D

And I ain't broke nothing yet!!

The guy @ the LHS was a little pissy with me when i said I bought an arrma notorious, hes like yeah Have fun working on it when it breaks, Im just thinking.. uhhh yeah right this ain't traxxas this thing is a beast it don't break! :p

Now I just needa get at those diff's and shim up and fluid up, but I just did my stampede today so im not really in the mood for more friggin maintence..

Supposed to be around 40 for 3 days hoping a lot of this snow melts and I can build a jump or something, dying to see this car fly thru the air land and NOT BREAK ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad your enjoying it, but it will break. That's just a fact of life. Not sure what you lhs guy meant, because the best part of Arrma is how easy it is to work on. Mugen Sekei E0206 shims are the one's for the dif internals. Keep on bashing!

Like @bicketybam said, there's some important settings you need to check. Punch and brake settings will help making it controllable or completely outrageous, steering end points are a must if you want your servo to last more than a minute, and make sure the fail safe is set.

Yep I got the brake set to 3? I think it was 3.. Highest brake setting you can go, Then I got punch set to 9 prolly way too high and outrageous speeds but ….. heheheheh

And the end points were set I believe.. Least they look good to me.. I do have my traxxass 2255 150$ fuckin servo to install but again.. not in the mood to do much anymore. Back hurts really bad from sitting on the floor working with these cars

Tomorrow morning tho when I take my kratom and it kicks in i'll have the energy and mood to wanna tackle some more projects on the cars.

I do have a MM2 combo esc / motor I still need to do something with, prolly just save it case the poop in the notorious takes a dump, I think its too much power for the stampede or slash least till I get metal upgrades..

Glad your enjoying it, but it will break. That's just a fact of life. Not sure what you lhs guy meant, because the best part of Arrma is how easy it is to work on. Mugen Sekei E0206 shims are the one's for the dif internals. Keep on bashing!

Yeah I dunno I Looked over the car seems pretty simple and basic and a lot friggin eaiser to get at the diffs then the damn traxxas cars.. I think the guys just mad I didn't buy another traxxas from him. I bought 1 from him but he don't carry much other then traxxas stuff.. Prolly just pissy I won't be buying parts for the arrma from him.. But i did get a new fan and a diff kit and axel stubs so he can't be too made lol

Woot So before I slapped my new trencher X's on my notorious I decided to check the weight difference between the 2 tires the stock backflip and the wide ass trenchers..

Believe it or not , and you can dbl check this, But the difference is literally... 1 friggin ounce.

the backflips weigh just over 12 ounces, The trencher X's are just over 13 ounces...

Now assuming u don't fill your tire with sand or water there shouldn't be much worry.

EDIT: Got my over priced traxxas 2255 500oz torq servo installed.. Holy poop I needa get an aluminum servo mount this thing is gonna twist the plastic right off lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back