Notorious Notorious front wheels shifting back and forth when I reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robm422

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
So I took the blue beast out for a heavy bashing session this morning and after I was done cleaning it up I ran it a little bit. When I go in reverse it does something really strange, the steering just kind of flops left and right if I'm not touching the steering wheel. Is this normal? or do I need to tighten something up?

either the servo horn came loose or you stripped the servo... cart wheels do it ever time... lol

but it still steers fine when going forward... hmmm, I'll take a closer look. I did do some major cartwheeling!

just check to see if there is play in the servo.... turn truck on and steer it back and forth... the servo shouldnt go back and forth without being told to do so... i stripped my first notorious servo the first week i had it...

Ever drove a car full speed in reverse and take your hands off the steering wheel? The same thing applies with your rc truck. Full reverse in a straight line is tough at best, as you would need to correct each time the wheels start to go in one direction. Nothing's wrong, it's just physics playing it's role.

Mine did this extra badly when I installed my upper a-arms upside-down, increasing caster even more beyond stock. Caster is the way the steering knuckle leans backwards. It seems to be just a side effect of the high caster and huge wheels (remember these trucks are all based on an old race 1/8 buggy). I installed a stronger servo (1210SG), tightened my servo horn, checked my steering links, removed some front toe out and I don’t even notice it now

Mine did this extra badly when I installed my upper a-arms upside-down, increasing caster even more beyond stock. Caster is the way the steering knuckle leans backwards. It seems to be just a side effect of the high caster and huge wheels (remember these trucks are all based on an old race 1/8 buggy). I installed a stronger servo (1210SG), tightened my servo horn, checked my steering links, removed some front toe out and I don’t even notice it now
Having the same issue with 1 week old Kraton. Nothing has been repaired or replaced but does look like it has too much front toe out. I will check it out.

Could just be due to a bit of slop now in your steering vs when it was new. Pretty much all of my trucks wander in reverse when I'm not turning. My stampede 4x4 and ejato are horrible in reverse.
A few of my rigs do the jitter bug in reverse. Its just the way it is.

Pretty much all rc cars are going to do this in reverse, it is do to the way the front suspension is designed.

So I took the blue beast out for a heavy bashing session this morning and after I was done cleaning it up I ran it a little bit. When I go in reverse it does something really strange, the steering just kind of flops left and right if I'm not touching the steering wheel. Is this normal? or do I need to tighten something up?

My outcast 6s does the same thing . Most of my rc trucks do that actually . I do not think it’s an issue. If you turn the wheels while going in reverse and it turn fine then there should be no issue .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back