Notorious Notorious got Electricuted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkd13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Well I am starting this tread so I can put my updates to my rig here and as well my upgrades and what not. Feel free to troll away here btw IDC

Anyways....

Got almost the whole @Voltage Hobbies treatment today. Chassis braces, bulkhead wing mount part, lower hig pin mounts front and rear, and front shock tower. Waiting on the rear shock tower and front upper rear mount to come back in stock.

3F720EAD-CD0D-4C0D-800B-ACA472B5E358.jpeg

E6002A53-2C29-4264-B93D-54904CC1FDD8.jpeg

4ECFB64D-15E1-4255-92AF-7748421A1F82.jpeg

214589F8-A990-4FE6-BEC2-FC584542116B.jpeg

And some damages from bashing since day one.

39C669BA-28BE-42EE-B3BB-C49DD5622069.jpeg

1B32F6F7-DC25-4B78-90D4-C17A89A7CB16.jpeg

After I received the parts I ordered I will be doing a full rebuild and adding a few more thing I have been wanting to do for a while now.

Well I am starting this tread so I can put my updates to my rig here and as well my upgrades and what not. Feel free to troll away here btw IDC

Anyways....

Got almost the whole @Voltage Hobbies treatment today. Chassis braces, bulkhead wing mount part, lower hig pin mounts front and rear, and front shock tower. Waiting on the rear shock tower and front upper rear mount to come back in stock.

View attachment 23818
View attachment 23819
View attachment 23820
View attachment 23821

View attachment 23822
View attachment 23823

After I received the parts I ordered I will be doing a full rebuild and adding a few more thing I have been wanting to do for a while now.
That'll buff out. :p

Anyways....

View attachment 23818
View attachment 23819
View attachment 23820
View attachment 23821

View attachment 23822
View attachment 23823

Nice upgrades sorry about the body. I’ve learned the hard way so now I don’t use a new body unless I reinforced it

Attachments

• 8E1F285B-2C0C-4698-A8ED-F7DC00AF7BA8.jpeg
    8E1F285B-2C0C-4698-A8ED-F7DC00AF7BA8.jpeg
    310.6 KB · Views: 74
Nice upgrades sorry about the body. I’ve learned the hard way so now I don’t use a new body unless I reinforced it

Taking it the ol shoe goo drywall tape method? I was going to do that to my next body. But double layer the tape hoping for better retention. I did shoe good mine after I saw cracks and it helped it keep together longer for sure. Has the metal banding actually helped? Doesn’t seem like it would be very good to have there if you land out down off a jump

Taking it the ol shoe goo drywall tape method? I was going to do that to my next body. But double layer the tape hoping for better retention. I did shoe good mine after I saw cracks and it helped it keep together longer for sure. Has the metal banding actually helped? Doesn’t seem like it would be very good to have there if you land out down off a jump
This makes for a good read. https://www.rctech.net/forum/painti...tection-bashers-long-article-many-photos.html

TLDR version
"WAS THERE A CLEAR WINNER?

For me, yes! “Test Number 8: Drywall mesh first, then Shoe Goo. Allow to dry, then spray with 3M rubberized undercoating.”
It is relatively easy to apply and provides a tremendous amount of body reinforcement. However, there were several close contenders. Each of the contenders would work for most people. The type of rig you drive and how you drive it may affect the method of surface protection that you choose. Your decision may also be affected by how much time and money you are willing to spend on the materials and application. More about that later."

The metal band helped my old body when it was in 2 pieces. The hood was completely separated from the rest of the body so I used the straps until I got my new body and it held up so I decided to shape the strap on my new body and put thru bolts. So far so good

The metal band helped my old body when it was in 2 pieces. The hood was completely separated from the rest of the body so I used the straps until I got my new body and it held up so I decided to shape the strap on my new body and put thru bolts. So far so good
I used some tin, like from a heater vent, and some rivets, to fix one of my bodies once, 2 years later and it still has the tin on it lol.

This makes for a good read. https://www.rctech.net/forum/painti...tection-bashers-long-article-many-photos.html

TLDR version
"WAS THERE A CLEAR WINNER?

For me, yes! “Test Number 8: Drywall mesh first, then Shoe Goo. Allow to dry, then spray with 3M rubberized undercoating.” It is relatively easy to apply and provides a tremendous amount of body reinforcement. However, there were several close contenders. Each of the contenders would work for most people. The type of rig you drive and how you drive it may affect the method of surface protection that you choose. Your decision may also be affected by how much time and money you are willing to spend on the materials and application. More about that later."
I used some tin, like from a heater vent, and some rivets, to fix one of my bodies once, 2 years later and it still has the tin on it lol.

I will definitely consider that option. I am considering my options for reinforcement. Probably going to try flex seal on this one. One of my buddies has been using it exclusively and has had good results. All my order goodies show up tomorrow! Yay!

Finally have parts showing up! Looks like tomorrow is a full rebuild and clean day.

8F014DAE-6FEC-46DD-BF04-25DC90631B0A.jpeg

Probodyrc on ebay has a couple of unbreakable bodies for Outcast, notorious, and Kraton. I'm really considering the Militia body

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back