Fireteam Notorious J Fireteam!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gap at the front of the body near the steering rack allows way too much snow in. I tried with some small pieces of foam, but still had too much snow going in. This is a tried, tested and true hack. Will work better on the Fireteam because of the super high ground clearance. Got way to many snags when I used it on my Kraton and Notorious. And don't you just hate when you get a run in your panty hose!:LOL:
Yeah, kind of like my Mojave. That thing packs in all manner of everything in the chassis, which is skillfully designed to hold it all in with no chance of escape. I was going to go with the Scorched inner fenders, but I’m like…nope. I just won’t run it in anything but dry conditions.

@Notorious J .. you running all stock electronics ??
I am for now. I've got a spare 1650kv Hobbywing motor, but I burned out the Max 6 esc recently. The only other esc I have that might work with the bigger can is an MMX8S, but I prefer to keep it for speed builds. I can't see myself upping the power on the Fireteam anyways. The body is delicate at best and expensive to replace. Think I'll just try to enjoy it for what it is, and not try to turn it into a competitor for my Kraton. Should be tons of fun at construction sites when the weather gets better.

Learned something today. The Kraton EXB rear tower, although the same size as the Mojave, is not a direct replacement. The hole spacing to secure the body mounts is lower, and the mounts themselves have to be raised one hole to work. Second, installing the M2C rear tower braces creates another issue. The Fireteam cage has a bracket that rests on the rear tower, so adding the braces stops the bracket from sitting flush. Because I can't leave well enough alone, I modded the bracket to work, but I don't recommend others try the same thing. Probably gonna end up regretting that I did it. 

20230209_230748.jpg

20230209_230758.jpg

Learned something today. The Kraton EXB rear tower, although the same size as the Mojave, is not a direct replacement. The hole spacing to secure the body mounts is lower, and the mounts themselves have to be raised one hole to work. Second, installing the M2C rear tower braces creates another issue. The Fireteam cage has a bracket that rests on the rear tower, so adding the braces stops the bracket from sitting flush. Because I can't leave well enough alone, I modded the bracket to work, but I don't recommend others try the same thing. Probably gonna end up regretting that I did it. 

View attachment 277079

View attachment 277080
That is weird the body mount holes on mine line up.

1676004229447.jpeg

That is weird the body mount holes on mine line up.

View attachment 277084
Your looking at it without seeing it. Se how the Mojave has four holes on each side? The Kraton only has two and the Fireteam uses the top set of holes. So I had to raise the actual posts one hole to compensate and that means there's less meat on the bottom. Hopefully it's a none issue.

Your looking at it without seeing it. Se how the Mojave has four holes on each side? The Kraton only has two and the Fireteam uses the top set of holes. So I had to raise the actual posts one hole to compensate and that means there's less meat on the bottom. Hopefully it's a none issue.
If you look closely at the picture you can see that mine came from the factory on the lower 2 holes you can see the outline from the body mount on the shock tower.
Arrma apparently is inconsistent with that.

16760056348552000574336680282655.jpg

If you look closely at the picture you can see that mine came from the factory on the lower 2 holes you can see the outline from the body mount on the shock tower.
I just looked at mine too, and saw the same thing, but when I dropped the body down on the EXB tower, the posts were too low using the those two holes. Is it possible that there's a bit more metal on the top of the EXB tower? Looks like it in your photo.

Here you go, just for extra clarification that you didn't need :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: here's my Fireteam tower at the factory setting..

IMG_6208.jpeg

I nearly bought a M2C tower mount brace like the one you have, glad I didn't now as I see what an issue it is for fitting.

Here you go, just for extra clarification that you didn't need :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: here's my Fireteam tower at the factory setting..

View attachment 277094

I nearly bought a M2C tower mount brace like the one you have, glad I didn't now as I see what an issue it is for fitting.
And so I find out this morning that after all that work, M2C makes a specific set of rear tower braces for the Fireteam. Because I was using a Kraton EXB tower (mistake one) I assumed to buy a set of Kraton braces. Had I searched for Fireteam braces, I would have found that M2C already worked out all the issues and designed one that works. https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...CK-TOWER-BRACE/p/478044695/category=136154760

Moved your battery tray back on your Fireteam for better balance and less nose diving? Finding that good, powerful lipos cause the body to not sit down properly? Here's a solid, powerful lipo that fits. The Chinahobbyline 6200 mAh 90c 6s Racing series is a perfect fit and doesn’t obstruct the body at all. Pics show the size comparison between the CNHL 9500 6s and 6200 6s.
IMG_20230309_195131.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back