Typhon Notorious J Speedrun Typhon 6s 🔥shelf queen🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Niiiice, with the amount of traffic your getting that looks like it needs to be an early Sunday morning spot.
It's a commercial/industrial area, but not too far from retail so traffic is hit and miss. This was at the end of a weekday workday, so it was a little busier than say a Saturday afternoon or a Sunday, but it's definitely a spot I will use again in the near future. The direction of this run was south to north and near the end of the run it has to cross an intersection. I can see traffic, so that's not an issue, but there is a bit of a rise in the pavement through that intersection which could cause an aerial to happen. Running the same spot north to south last Saturday, the Typhon did flip going through it, but I was lucky that it was only a 180 and it basically just slid on the roof for about 100 yards. The roof is held together with tape and carbon fiber look vinyl wrap, so repairs are quick and easy😁

Finally got around to installing the @PPS-RC motor and center dif mounts. Such nicely made hardware and mesh adjustment is easy and precise.
20210926_121035.jpg

Last edited:
And after a bad outing with Sweep Racing foams, a quick switch to BSR XX Pink foams and the return of the OG T6 body.
20211023_144843-01.jpeg
20211023_144819-01.jpeg

Got a tip from a guy at the lhs. Traxxas #7246 GTR springs under the shock body of the rear Limitless shocks. Tight squeeze getting the spring holder back on but added just enough tension to stiffen the suspension without locking it out. Thoughts...
20220115_215823.jpg
20220115_215813.jpg

Last edited:
New Typhon body dropped off at the guy who paints for me. All I told him was the two colors I want and left the design up to him. His last two were both big hits on my social media so I know this one should be epic.
20210731_154456-01.jpeg
20211017_162752-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20220209-165517_Instagram.jpg

It's gonna be a blue and white rebel flag! :ROFLMAO: Then we can call ya Johnny Reb!
No blue this time. Going for more pop. Hopefully it turns out the way I hope.

What's this high vis stuff? your eyes must be going old man. :ROFLMAO: I like it, orange is one of my favorites!
I new after the last body that this one would have to be brighter, so electric orange it is. All the graphic work is painted as well, no stickers. The guy who does them for me is amazing.

@Notorious J firstly love the colours. Great choice and excellent work by your buddy.

One thing I noticed you're not using the pre-drilled holes for the Arrma "R" clip rubber bungees. Wondering if that's because you couldn't get them through the holes?

When I did my Typhon shell it was a PITA to get them fitted but I managed to do it eventually by firstly poking the small rubber end piece through the shell enough so that I could grab it with some needle nose pliers. I then used a hairdryer to warm up the rubber as much as possible and had to pull it quite hard to get it through. Bit of a nuisance but it worked.

@Notorious J firstly love the colours. Great choice and excellent work by your buddy.

One thing I noticed you're not using the pre-drilled holes for the Arrma "R" clip rubber bungees. Wondering if that's because you couldn't get them through the holes?

When I did my Typhon shell it was a PITA to get them fitted but I managed to do it eventually by firstly poking the small rubber end piece through the shell enough so that I could grab it with some needle nose pliers. I then used a hairdryer to warm up the rubber as much as possible and had to pull it quite hard to get it through. Bit of a nuisance but it worked.

First off, thanks. As for the bungees, I stopped using them a ways back. I just cut off the cord so that a tab is left. I find it less cumbersome this way, and as long as I don't lose any, I don't miss having them attached to the body.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back