Typhon Notorious J Speedrun Typhon 6s 🔥shelf queen🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Yep, I pulled the trigger on another buggy. Since i received the 3s from @bicketybam, I've found myself wanting to stunt less, and run the tracks more. I have three tracks to run at, only one where the 3s won't get killed. So I'm building a 6s to take to the other two tracks. Let's begin. First, thanks to @joostin420 for helping me to score a sweet deal.
20191115_234324.jpg
20191115_234750.jpg
20191115_234923.jpg

Last edited:
As of today, the build includes:
-GKA chassis braces & servo mount
-Full swap of Fast Eddy sealed bearings
-Arrma dif cup in the center, filled with a 200k/500k hybrid mix (mostly 200 with a jelly bean sized scoop of 500k)
-60k front, 30k rear, factory shimmed
-Hot Racing suspension mounts all the way around. Likely upgrade to Voltage or CRCU in the future, but these were bought locally, and should help to keep things in check during my preliminary outings
-M2C Racing shock stand offs (front only)
-Tactic radio and receiver (on order from Jennys)
-Animos 25kg servo
-button head droop screws
-Speed pinion installed
-RPM skid plate

Waiting on:
T Bone Typhon basher bumper. All necessary screw heads to fill the counter sinks in the chassis already made.

Future considerations:
-M2C Typhon chassis and shock towers
-RPM arms
20191116_003453.jpg
20191116_003500.jpg
20191118_190307.jpg
20191118_190321.jpg
20191118_190346.jpg
20191118_212909.jpg
20191118_220722.jpg
20191118_231657.jpg

Can't wait to see the outcome Bam.?
Bam??? Now that is gonna rub him the wrong way. No one would ever confuse Notorious J for the dashingly handsome @bicketybam!?

Bam??? Now that is gonna rub him the wrong way. No one would ever confuse Notorious J for the dashingly handsome @bicketybam!?
? sorry, had saw the start of your thread, and went on a Typhon shopping spree, then came back with a brain fart.??? OMG that's funny
I was probably thinking @bicketybam & @Notorious J are the two guys that constantly break the sh!t outa their trucks. ??? God I'm dying over here. Give me a break I'm only a quarter of a cup of coffee in. ?

Very nice @Notorious J !! Can't wait to see the finished results!! If I may I would recommend that I didn't see listed, is possibly those Rear A Arm/driveshaft protectors. What a huge difference in regards of one of the rear wheels locking up being stuck by a lodged rock!!! Doesn't seem to mess with the aerodynamics or with jumping, that I noticed!

Very nice @Notorious J !! Can't wait to see the finished results!! If I may I would recommend that I didn't see listed, is possibly those Rear A Arm/driveshaft protectors. What a huge difference in regards of one of the rear wheels locking up being stuck by a lodged rock!!! Doesn't seem to mess with the aerodynamics or with jumping, that I noticed!
I'm in the process of making some out of some light sheet metal. I thought the exact same thing about debris getting tossed around back there. Hopefully they don't look too home made when I'm done?

Rear arm guards complete
20191119_132846.jpg
20191119_133907.jpg

Rear arm guards complete
20191119_132846.jpg
20191119_133907.jpg
The tie wrap around the motor is holding a piece of a backflip tire. That's my home made solution to supporting the motor. Works well on my Notorious, so should be fine here too.

Hell yea @Notorious J , that is looking good! I am really diggin those Rear Guards, bro! keep up the great work!!
I'll be keeping a close eye on them. Being sheet metal, if they bend, they'll wreak havoc in that area. But now I have a template that I can use to create something out of plastic. Thanks for the props???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back