Typhon Notorious J Speedrun Typhon 6s 🔥shelf queen🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Notorious J Any new updates ...?? have you broke it again..?

Well I didn't hold out for long..??? Typhon incoming ..??
Buggies are on hold for now since the weather turned to sh!t. It's monster truck season again, so it's Notorious time!

As of today, the build includes:
-GKA chassis braces & servo mount
-Full swap of Fast Eddy sealed bearings
-Arrma dif cup in the center, filled with a 200k/500k hybrid mix (mostly 200 with a jelly bean sized scoop of 500k)
-60k front, 30k rear, factory shimmed
-Hot Racing suspension mounts all the way around. Likely upgrade to Voltage or CRCU in the future, but these were bought locally, and should help to keep things in check during my preliminary outings
-M2C Racing shock stand offs (front only)
-Tactic radio and receiver (on order from Jennys)
-Animos 25kg servo
-button head droop screws
-Speed pinion installed
-RPM skid plate

Waiting on:
T Bone Typhon basher bumper. All necessary screw heads to fill the counter sinks in the chassis already made.

Future considerations:
-M2C Typhon chassis and shock towers
-RPM arms
View attachment 54359View attachment 54360View attachment 54361View attachment 54362View attachment 54363View attachment 54364View attachment 54365View attachment 54366
Scorched rc titanium chassis plate ???❤️

Buggies are on hold for now since the weather turned to sh!t. It's monster truck season again, so it's Notorious time!
Hey Notorious J,

I'm looking for an aluminum steering servo mount for my Typhon 6s BLX V4, stock servo. The "Hot Racing" ones state that modifications are necessary. Do you know what mods. are needed? Or can you suggest another mount? What would you use?

Thank's.

Have a great day!

Hey Notorious J,

I'm looking for an aluminum steering servo mount for my Typhon 6s BLX V4, stock servo. The "Hot Racing" ones state that modifications are necessary. Do you know what mods. are needed? Or can you suggest another mount? What would you use?

Thank's.

Have a great day!
Hi Arelee. Not sure what mods are needed, as I have the same one in my Notorious which shares the chassis with the Typhon. The only things I didn't use were the rubber grommets that come with it. I did however buy the standard height one from GKA Custom for the Typhon, just to try something different. It's a one piece design. Any one from Voltage Hobbies, Just Bash It Rc or even the cheaper GPM would be an improvement over the stock plastic.

Congrats on the new money hole (I mean truggy). lol. How many is that now? And does your other half know?:ROFLMAO:
3 in total, one was a gift, and I sold a Slash 4x4 before Christmas to make it all look even?

Be honest with yourself, you just sold it to have an excuse to buy another one.

? "Denial is the first stage of addiction" ?
Only messing with you because I'm jealous
Honestly, I sold it cause it was a beat up Slash, that was only worth the upgrade parts on it that weren't busted. Plus it looked good when I showed my wife "look babe, I'm getting rid of one"?

Hi Arelee. Not sure what mods are needed, as I have the same one in my Notorious which shares the chassis with the Typhon. The only things I didn't use were the rubber grommets that come with it. I did however buy the standard height one from GKA Custom for the Typhon, just to try something different. It's a one piece design. Any one from Voltage Hobbies, Just Bash It Rc or even the cheaper GPM would be an improvement over the stock plastic.
Thank's buddy. I'll check them out.

Have a great day!

@Notorious J .... was just wondering how your getting on with your choice of diff oils..??
I'm asking as I did my front and rear but am still undecided what to put in the center..?
I've only run the Typhon a couple of times when the weather was nicer. I'm keeping the winter bashing to a minimum on warmer, dry days. Gotta keep the repair costs down from last year. I have 200k + a dab of 500. When I took it to the BMX park in early December, it stayed planted well, and was easy to keep flat in the air. I don't plan on ever back flipping the Typhon. Trying to keep it as a road blaster and track basher.

Last edited:
I've only run the Typhon a couple of times when the weather was nicer. I'm keeping the winter bashing to a minimum on warmer, dry days. Gotta keep the repair costs down from last year. I have 200k + a dab of 500. When I took it to the BMX park in early December, it stayed plated well, and was easy to keep flat in the air. I don't plan on ever back flipping the Typhon. Trying to keep it as a road blaster and track basher.
For fast runs, I took Liberty's advice and put 1,000,000CST in the front and rear, and replacing the center diff. with a spool from a "Limitless", (perfect fit). However, it was also suggested that this set-up is ONLY for speed runs, not bashing. You should ask Liberty what his suggestion would be.

Bye the way, my Typhon is a virgin. Never been run.

Have a great day!

Have you had a chance to try out the GT5 yet?
Unfortunately, the latest tracking shows that it is sitting in a customs hold in British Columbia. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it gets through without any extra taxes or fees. I will post on the forum as soon as it arrives. Are you enjoying it on your Typhon?

Man, that sucks you guys have to go through all of the that.

I really like it so far. I don’t have as much wheel time with as I would like due to the weather not cooperating with my life schedule but it’s been great every time I have used it. I especially like the smooth trigger pull.

Man, that sucks you guys have to go through all of the that.

I really like it so far. I don’t have as much wheel time with as I would like due to the weather not cooperating with my life schedule but it’s been great every time I have used it. I especially like the smooth trigger pull.
I can't wait to get it in and running. Glad to know you like it so far. I had all three trucks in the trunk of my car today. Batteries and tools packed too. Drove about two hours away to visit clients and found the perfect field to bash in. Fresh flat field of snow and some perfect jumps from the banks left by the plows. Radios were in a bag at home because I didn't want to leave them in the car overnight. One radio will be so much easier to accommodate and hopefully not have the same thing happen ever again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back