Notorious lost steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about something like JB Weld? It would be very permanent if nothing else . . . but if you heat the crap out of it, the bond can be broken.

You can't drill a hole. There's a solid post inside the post. It's what the bolts go into.

Perhaps taking the nut off, drilling holes in it and putting set screws in it to lock it down onto the threads... not sure there's enough material in the nut to do that though.
I was think of drilling right through the post too, just below where you want the nut to sit. Bad idea huh?

I was think of drilling right through the post too, just below where you want the nut to sit. Bad idea huh?
Well... unless you like turning at all, yeah. The outer post needs to spin while the inner post is stationary. Running a pin through the outer and inner post will make the outer post stationary unless you cut a big slot in it so the pin stays stationary on the inside post. But then you would have to figure out how to get the pin to stay put.

Well... unless you like turning at all, yeah. The outer post needs to spin while the inner post is stationary. Running a pin through the outer and inner post will make the outer post stationary unless you cut a big slot in it so the pin stays stationary on the inside post. But then you would have to figure out how to get the pin to stay put.
Knowledge is everything. Thanks for pointing that out before I did something stupid. Back to the drawing board.

That's a good thought. Will see how the red loctite works first.

Hows it been working out? After looking into my steering issues more It seems loose servo saver nuts and other various screws are falling out of my steering bellcrank, If red's not holding up I'm fiddlesticking super glue these bitches in place tomorrow morning..

Totally know how that is, its been single digits here, I hada push my self to get outside today in the 20's but it wasn't more then 10 mins or so before my issues appeared and I scuttled my way back inside.

I've messed with red Loctite once before and was impressed with the strength in which it help a wheel to an axel extension more less super glued that sucker in place so im willing to bet its gonna work fine.

Now I just gotta figure out where the hell I put my red :\

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back