Notorious on sale at Amain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a steal!

Tower Hobbies is running the same deal:

66F7FF5E-34B0-4CBB-88AD-A647DBE0FBED.jpeg

FWIW, there’s a deals thread for people to post all their finds: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/share-your-best-rc-deals.44980/

Yep, I was in the market for a vorteks or big rock but couldn't pass up this deal. Bought the blue one yesterday from HH direct.

Last edited:
Man! And I just bought a used Notorious that's in pieces rn for $400! I would've picked that over the used one, though when I bought it it did have quite a few very nice upgrades. I might need to get a second one 🤫🤫

Yep, I was in the market for a vorteks or big rock but couldn't pass up this deal. Bought the blue one yesterday from HH direct.
Noto is the Way better choice over ANY 4x4 platform. Regardless of MSRP or this discount, which is an incredible price.

Noto is the Way better choice over ANY 4x4 platform. Regardless of MSRP or this discount, which is an incredible price.
You can't make a blanket statement that it's better than any of 4x4 line. It's all in how and where you use it. I have RC's as small as 24th scale crawlers and mini-z drifters and as large as a kraton 8s and losi 5ive-t. They all have their place. That said, this is a great deal on the noto and I'm excited to rip it.

Wouldn't you say the Kraton 6S sale on Father's Day for $439 was equally good or maybe even better? Well I suppose if you like the Kraton better it was the better deal, and vice versa. But let's say you like both a lot.

I didn't even realize the Kraton was on sale, someone PM me next time, :LOL: !
You can't make a blanket statement that it's better than any of 4x4 line. It's all in how and where you use it. I have RC's as small as 24th scale crawlers and mini-z drifters and as large as a kraton 8s and losi 5ive-t. They all have their place. That said, this is a great deal on the noto and I'm excited to rip it.
Time and place, I still very much enjoy our 4x4 rigs. The Senton 3S is unstoppable and crazy fun, Granite 4x4 has been running better than ever after we tore it completely down and rebuilt it. We opted to seal the power module, after 10 packs or so the power module still looks new inside! It has taken nose dive crashes right into pavement that would have taco'd a 6S rig (or so we would guess ;)). If you want less issues with killing 3S drive shafts, shorten the shock length slightly. We did with nitro fuel tubing and it seems to be holding up!

I will say, I am not a fan of the current version slipper power module.. If anything got a re-design on the new 4S line I would have shrunk the spur, re-designed the plastic to seal it entirely, and improve the quality on the slipper hub metal.. Better yet, if there was a way, center diff! :)

Last edited:
I didn't even realize the Kraton was on sale, someone PM me next time, :LOL: !

Time and place, I still very much enjoy our 4x4 rigs. The Senton 3S is unstoppable and crazy fun, Granite 4x4 has been running better than ever after we tore it completely down and rebuilt it. We opted to seal the power module, after 10 packs or so the power module still looks new inside! It has taken nose dive crashes right into pavement that would have taco'd a 6S rig (or so we would guess ;)). If you want less issues with killing 3S drive shafts, shorten the shock length slightly. We did with nitro fuel tubing and it seems to be holding up!

I will say, I am not a fan of the current version slipper power module.. If anything got a re-design on the new 4S line I would have shrunk the spur, re-designed the plastic to seal it entirely, and improve the quality on the slipper hub metal.. Better yet, if there was a way, center diff! :)
I agree with you on the slipper. I've friction welded the spacer to the spur 5 times on my vendetta, nearly every other time I've taken it out. On the option parts page they have a metal spur spacer releasing this month. Maybe this will be the fix.

I agree with you on the slipper. I've friction welded the spacer to the spur 5 times on my vendetta, nearly every other time I've taken it out. On the option parts page they have a metal spur spacer releasing this month. Maybe this will be the fix.
Oof that is unfortunate, are you referring to the brushed 48p slipper assembly?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back