Notorious Notorious / Outcast body position compatibility between versions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosta

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi all, I have a V5 Notorious on the way and have been reading up here in prep, so a huge thanks to all for the knowledge posted!

I received my bash armor body and it has the holes predrilled, unlike other bodies previously. What worries me is they’re not drilled in the marked positions.

I’m thinking the body post position probably changed at some stage and proline started drilling the holes so people didn’t just drill them in the wrong marked position?

Anyone have experience fitting a bash armor body to the V5 notorious or outcast?

Cheers!

06C3AA43-A390-42C9-AB07-E8F73E10CE93.jpeg

18E3BD51-D19E-49B0-A670-E5BBE3102DBF.jpeg

Been through this with my PL Kraton, Same brute armor Body type. Supposedly predrilled. not good. I sent it back direct to PL where I got it from their website and got another one from them. It was somewhat better. But had to drill out the holes much wider for sure. Not tragic. And the front posts had to be re-drilled for the pins to clip in opposite on the front hood areas. Your PL body has a flat hood. Not necessary. 👍 It's a strong enough body for me. Its almost 3 year sold. I think it is ugly as bodies go, but for a basher is ok. Functional because of its strength.
For what it is worth the Stock Notorious and OC bodies are interchangeable. So your Brute Armor body should fit in theory. PL and their Expensive overrated bodies etc , that's another story. I know that body doesn't come cheap. QC is off for sure. Just how I felt.
Wait till your V5 comes. Hopefully the only thing you may need to do is enlarge the body post pin holes for the pins to fit. Because the body is VERY thick. Also when you put the stickers on, washing is good, but also use alcohol on the areas where you put the stickers on. Those stickers are a one shot deal and if they peel, they wont go back on. The plastic type is made from petroleum. It cant be painted for this reason.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the tips mate! Much appreciated.

This is my 4th bash armor body and the first to come pre drilled. Even another of the same model was not drilled. It’s just that they’re off the mark that has me a bit nervous, and was keen to deal with it ASAP if I needed to replace it.

I saw this model posted here and I’m keen to try that if the posts are too short...

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4061754

You’re right on those stickers. And even when they do stick they tear off easy. Never worries me though, as long as I don’t have to cut, paint or reinforce a body I’m happy as!

Cheers!

Just to update, the notorious came in early and the body fits fine. Was somewhat concerned with the off the mark holes. I thought someone bought it, stuffed up the holes and then returned it.

Back