Notorious/Outcast Drive Pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
How come i keep snapping these drive pins, ive got 2 shims under the planatery gears, but it only ever seems to be the actual cup side (if that makes sense)
Any info or help would be appreciated cheers guys. picture below.

34511ECE-FD9C-47E6-B8F2-E584B7373ACA.jpeg

How come i keep snapping these drive pins, ive got 2 shims under the planatery gears, but it only ever seems to be the actual cup side (if that makes sense)
Any info or help would be appreciated cheers guys. picture below.

View attachment 88114

Extremely common... I go through them all of the time.. standing backflips, and landing on throttle eventually kills them.. you can buy drill blanks and cut your own out of better material if you like.. the pins are 2.25mm ..also if the bore in the output cup is worn and the pin has a bunch of play in it, its doomed from the start.. typically when they are distorted, it's really hard to pull the cups out because it deforms the steel around the bore, swelling the o.d of the cup shaft...

If all you have had happen is shearing pins, and you aren't snapping gears because of the sheared pins your doing quite well..?

Another route is mugen seiki cups, pins,and gears...?

Extremely common... I go through them all of the time.. standing backflips, and landing on throttle eventually kills them.. you can buy drill blanks and cut your own out of better material if you like.. the pins are 2.25mm ..also if the bore in the output cup is worn and the pin has a bunch of play in it, its doomed from the start.. typically when they are distorted, it's really hard to pull the cups out because it deforms the steel around the bore, swelling the o.d of the cup shaft...

If all you have had happen is shearing pins, and you aren't snapping gears because of the sheared pins your doing quite well..?

Another route is mugen seiki cups, pins,and gears...?

i’ve snapped a couple of gears
67488724-6171-42EA-983C-13EF31427D19.jpeg
654860CE-391E-467E-B2B5-D0FAC7CE299E.jpeg

but mainly just seeing if there was an upgrade or prevention, thanks for your reply @Camaroboy383

Ahhhhhh, it all looks too familiar lol.. so ya you can order 2.25mm titanium rod, or hhs rod and cut your own pins.. the plus side of that is the o.d of the rod is typically larger than the 2.25mm and fit a little better than the factory pins..?

Supposedly the mugen gear sets are better quality, same with the output cups.. and it's all a direct drop in upgrade.. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back