Notorious Notorious/Outcast to Typhon Conversion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackiekan

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Are any parts (besides these) required to turn an Outcast into a Typhon?:
-front/rear a-arms & linkages
-front/rear driveshafts
-different (smaller) tires.
-front/rear body mounts (for a typhon body, this isn't super necessary)

first of all... you don't want to shorten the arms... you keep the outcast arms and just get new towers and the body

first of all... you don't want to shorten the arms... you keep the outcast arms and just get new towers and the body
Any particular reason? Wouldn't it look pretty funky with the smaller wheels about 3" further from the center than a stock typhon?

Any particular reason? Wouldn't it look pretty funky with the smaller wheels about 3" further from the center than a stock typhon?

you want to turn a notorious to a typhon? i think its a great idea... It will jump better and be more fun... Also, you would run some mx2.8's on it. Its called a truggyfied typhon...

What needs to be purchased so the typhon body will moint on the notorious

I also am interested. Im converting my Senton into a truggified Typhon. As the aftermarket for Typhon Towers is limited i thought about using Kraton/Outcast towers and wandering what are the driving characteristics with Typhon Shocks or do I need Outcast Shocks and how does that handle ? I guess in the front there is not a big difference.

Take roll cage out, add new body mounts, new typhon body
Shocks keep those change oil weight
Not sure if wheelbase is same as typhon, get hex extensions from team associate blue ones to get clearance for 2.8 Mx badlands that’s a partial truggy. That’s what I did with my typhon

Attachments

• 98C638C4-253B-439D-9911-9AB5964A9420.jpeg
    98C638C4-253B-439D-9911-9AB5964A9420.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 110
Take roll cage out, add new body mounts, new typhon body
Shocks keep those change oil weight
Not sure if wheelbase is same as typhon, get hex extensions from team associate blue ones to get clearance for 2.8 Mx badlands that’s a partial truggy. That’s what I did with my typhon
Thx for the input - I did already go the route of Typhon Arms, Kraton hubs and all other necessary and unnecessary parts. So thats all in the box and done. But now considering also after market towers and really wanted a specific answer to the question: What happens/whats the best option: if you use A)a Kraton tower with Typhon arms and shocks ( -> results in a more vertical position of shocks, maybe also changes ride height) B) kraton tower and shocks with typhon arms ( increases vertical position and ride height) . or C) typhon Towers and Kraton shocks ( also vertical position and ride height) -> But what are the different implications on driving characteristics.
The aim is to create the most versatile set up only by switching Wheels and Shocks.

Thx for the input - I did already go the route of Typhon Arms, Kraton hubs and all other necessary and unnecessary parts. So thats all in the box and done. But now considering also after market towers and really wanted a specific answer to the question: What happens/whats the best option: if you use A)a Kraton tower with Typhon arms and shocks ( -> results in a more vertical position of shocks, maybe also changes ride height) B) kraton tower and shocks with typhon arms ( increases vertical position and ride height) . or C) typhon Towers and Kraton shocks ( also vertical position and ride height) -> But what are the different implications on driving characteristics.
The aim is to create the most versatile set up only by switching Wheels and Shocks.
The result is it gives me a headache ?

?????? someone smarter than me has to help you here but I couldn’t help being the forum jester today ✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back