Notorious Notorious - puff of white smoke, loss of power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a video of it happening. Like a dummy, I was on the car's side doing donuts. It kind of looks like a tire blew put, you'll see a puff of white. Then it still drives, but no power. As soon as I get the video ib a higher quality, I'll link it

That is interesting. Does the motor get hot if you keep trying to run it? Could it be a bad battery maybe?

It's been raining, so I haven't been able to run it again. You can see in the video how slow it got

If the motor died it should get real hot real fast even if you flip it onto it’s roof and give it gas. Do that and report back. It should only take 10 seconds

I watched it on my phone, and it honestly looked like it came from a tire. You had them spinning in the air pretty hard. Check the inside and outside edges on the f/r left side tires. Might have come apart from the rims. Doesn't look like you lost power. I'll take a closer look when I get to a big screen.

I watched it on my phone, and it honestly looked like it came from a tire. You had them spinning in the air pretty hard. Check the inside and outside edges on the f/r left side tires. Might have come apart from the rims. Doesn't look like you lost power. I'll take a closer look when I get to a big screen.
You could be right, that was from the left, batt side not motor side. Those tyres were ballooning like crazy

I'm charging the battery, then I will test it again. Holding the vehicle up and throttling, it felt like it had power. All tires seem ok, but I agree it first seemed like a wheel blowout. But, if you watch the video, I initially do a reverse wheelie away, then driving it it seemed to lose high power, I was fully throttling it at the end, but it was not fast in any way

I also noticed I lost the back tail. I knew one of the fasteners came off, but it's completely missing the tail now and I doubt I'll replace it because I can't see how any tail will stay on there with how cheap the two clips are, anyone else experience this?

Prewash

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_165301192.jpg
    IMG_20190223_165301192.jpg
    351.2 KB · Views: 59
I'm charging the battery, then I will test it again. Holding the vehicle up and throttling, it felt like it had power. All tires seem ok, but I agree it first seemed like a wheel blowout. But, if you watch the video, I initially do a reverse wheelie away, then driving it it seemed to lose high power, I was fully throttling it at the end, but it was not fast in any way
It's possible you hit LVC and that caused your lack of power. How long were you running before it lost power?

I got it to bash... and yes, I bashed it. Lol.

Today... I fully charged the battery and cleaned it off. It ran perfectly today, no issues at all. The tires seem fine and there were no issues at all with speed.

I have one pretty significant body crack at the front bottom of the driver's side door, I imagine I'm going to need to tape it so it doesn't keep getting worse.

I also found the rear wing, but I only have the clamp and tiny screw for one side. Has anyone had an issue with the wing breaking off?

I got it to bash... and yes, I bashed it. Lol.

Today... I fully charged the battery and cleaned it off. It ran perfectly today, no issues at all. The tires seem fine and there were no issues at all with speed.

I have one pretty significant body crack at the front bottom of the driver's side door, I imagine I'm going to need to tape it so it doesn't keep getting worse.

I also found the rear wing, but I only have the clamp and tiny screw for one side. Has anyone had an issue with the wing breaking off?
Yep

Attachments

• 20181223_145310.jpg
    20181223_145310.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 53
How does the wing mount up? If someone can show me a picture of the whole contraption maybe I can find a way to get the revo wing to fit. Plastic is super soft so it never breaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back