Notorious Notorious stock servo stripped ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion EXB
Hello guys !

Well ... I think my stock servo broke or stripped or is it just loose ? Please help !

This is a recently purchased Notorious with only a few runs so far, I am very surprise the servo is giving issues so soon with only 4S ( I am a casual driver ). No jumps or back flips or anything crazy , I just run in the dirt or short grass.

Please if you could check the attached videos and let me know your comments.

I also have a few questions:
  1. Could I repair it myself?
    In case the servo is ruined and can't be repaired:

2. Would this be covered by Arrma warranty? should I contact them to request a new servo ?

3. Would this be an issue because of the mount and should I get a new aluminium mount regardless which new servo I will install?

4. Should I not bother with a new stock servo and get a better one plus a mount ? I remember Woodys post about recommended upgrades.

Thank you so much !

Yup. Stripped. The stock servo stripes pretty easy. Yes, Arrma will warrantee it, contact Horizon Hobbies.

BUT -

The one they send will be the same quality, and will probably strip soon too. You really need a better servo.

If you are on a budget, get a JX servo - decent quality, and you can get good ones from $20-$50. Or if you have a bit more budget, Savox is a great upgrade. Lots of people like the 1210, but I prefer the faster 2270SG.
A few JX servos -

Budget -
https://www.banggood.com/JX-PDI-6221MG-20KG-Large-Torque-Digital-Coreless-Servo-For-RC-Model-p-973947.html
Better -
https://www.banggood.com/JX-Servo-CLS6036HV-35kg-180-Degree-Coreless-Digital-Servo-p-1154872.html
Monster -
https://www.banggood.com/JX-BLS-HV7146MG-46KG-180-Degrees-HV-High-Precision-Steel-Gear-Digital-Brushless-Servo-For-RC-Robot-p-1180610.html

Thank you Jerry ! I will probably do both ... contact Horizon to get a replacement because I think It's only fair they replace at least once a not-so-good-quality servo for a monster monster-truck which obviously requires a good servo and mount cause its power.

I will also (for next month or December) upgrade to a better one based on your recommendations.

Now ... what about the mount ? Some people say the stock servo breaks soon cause the mount is plastic/weak too flexible, would a better mount help a new stock servo and would work also for a better servo from your recommendations ?

I saw this one online: https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON24M02;c=945

Let me know, thank you !

The mount is a worthwhile upgrade. Whether your new Arrma service does better with it or not is a crapshoot. But I'd get the services mount anyway.

The stock mount won't break, it is just a bit flexy. I did the DIY upgrad mount on my Talion, and matched with a strong, fast servo, I felt it was worthwhile. But my Kraton and Typhon still run the stock, flexy V1 servo mount. The V3 servo mount is less flexy, but it is still a common upgrade.

I think upgrading the mount will probably cause the servo to die faster than with the stock mount, that flex helps save the servo more than you would think.

Did you set the steering end points when you got the Notorious?
I've read a lot about how the stock servo is bad, but it seems setting the end points to stop it turning the wheels 'too far' can definitely help as it eases the load a little.

I think upgrading the mount will probably cause the servo to die faster than with the stock mount, that flex helps save the servo more than you would think.

Thanks Slick, I thought that flex would cause the servo to break, but reading your reply and thinking that flex actually helps to save the servo from breaking or stripping you think ?

Did you set the steering end points when you got the Notorious?
I've read a lot about how the stock servo is bad, but it seems setting the end points to stop it turning the wheels 'too far' can definitely help as it eases the load a little.

I did and I have it on 75% , is that too much ?

Thanks !

Not the video I was looking for but this should get you headed in the right direction for setting your steering end points

Thanks Slick, I thought that flex would cause the servo to break, but reading your reply and thinking that flex actually helps to save the servo from breaking or stripping you think ?
It basically acts like an extra servo saver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back