Notorious Notorious up in smoke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Was out running in the snow when it started clogging real badly from a start. Then it just stopped moving and smoke came a pouring out. Man, that smell is nasty. I got the batteries out ASAP and avoided any flames. Just sent an email to Arrma support. I’ll throw in my spare BLX while I wait.

AAF8ECBA-82D2-449E-ACD7-A0F8A18C1D5C.jpeg
DEC1FA85-1A03-4BCC-BA20-12FAB3765FB6.jpeg
0BBB82BA-EF88-4B80-B836-F4DD0CD60DC5.jpeg
93A0098C-EDD3-45CA-BD9A-5B276A88CA7D.jpeg

WOW sorry to see this. Do you have an original receipt for the warranty?

Bought it privately, new in box. They told me tough luck. When you purchase new in box, you have zero warranty. Totally blows. And my Savox servo is dead too. I’m not happy.

Sorry to hear that Ed. Maybe if you could talk to a person and explain how much money you spent on their stuff they would throw a new blx in the mail for you even though it was not bought through a “dealer”. That sometimes works for me with other things. I had a bike company honor their warranty to me that way even though the bike was damage through “wear and tear”. When I finally got someone on the phone and not email back and for it worked out. Anyway, looks like you got the ? out before too much damage happened. No more new rc car smell though...
Jim

Bought it privately, new in box. They told me tough luck. When you purchase new in box, you have zero warranty. Totally blows. And my Savox servo is dead too. I’m not happy.

I was going to mention that to a couple people thinking of buying online. Good deals but you have zero warranty. Something to consider.

Ouch, although good to see you got the batteries out quick. We need a 'Don't Like' button for stuff like this.

Was out running in the snow when it started clogging real badly from a start. Then it just stopped moving and smoke came a pouring out. Man, that smell is nasty. I got the batteries out ASAP and avoided any flames. Just sent an email to Arrma support. I’ll throw in my spare BLX while I wait.

View attachment 24013View attachment 24014View attachment 24015View attachment 24016

Clogging? It started tap-dancing? I think you mean cogging. I only mention it because it seems I remember you just today giving someone a hard time about their spelling.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your esc and servo. Actually, the esc is about the only thing I haven't had issues with on my Kraton and Typhon, both V2.

Other than the huge decrease in my bank account, I'm glad I did have so many problems though, otherwise I would have never tried another brand (Other than the Traxxas Rustler that was my first vehicle back at the beginning of last year. Going from a Rustler to a Kraton, talk about an eye opener!!). I planned on buying a Senton and that be my last vehicle purchase, but having all the issues made me look for a different brand which lead me to Tekno. I now have the current version of every electric Tekno makes, except the ET410. Hence the lower bank account. I still love the Arrmas but Tekno is just on a whole other level, not to sound too cheesy.

Anyway back to Arrma, I use hitec servos in all of my vehicles and they've been flawless.

I had one savox servo, the 1270TG, and it is loud as can be, constantly trying to find center, and not as powerful as I expected.

That's when I got the Hitec 7950TH. To me it seems more powerful on 6v with no BEC than the Savox on 7.4v with an external BEC.

Again, sorry you're having all these issues, but that's what keeps it interesting, right?

That sucks. It's a shame the electrics in these things are so poor. That factory smoke does smell worse than sauerkraut farts don't it. I'd hate to be the guy at the factory putting that stuff in. ?

Do we really have go this way? Amerika isn't America and clogging isn't cogging.
Be adults please

Very well put. I thought he deserved a taste of his own medicine. But clearly he's the type that can dish it out, but can't take it. I apologize if anyone was offended and I hope everyone has a great evening.

Very well put. I thought he deserved a taste of his own medicine. But clearly he's the type that can dish it out, but can't take it. I apologize if anyone was offended and I hope everyone has a great evening.

If you are that dense that you can't see the difference between the two instances than I don't know what to tell you. You are making quite an impression with your 4 posts. Kudos.

Why are we splitting hairs? Sounds silly to everyone else, I'm sure. What's the point of disrupting the thread over ridiculous spell checks? Is this for internet points? Cause we don't have all that here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back