Notorious Notorious upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen an Outcast first-hand either but I love my Talion and trust the brand. The first Outcast I see will be arriving Thursday. Black Noto and I've ordered a pile of Voltage Hobby upgrades.
I have seen an Xmaxx and it's an impressive rig. It barrels through high grass, mud, and takes the hits. I've also wanted one.... but for the cost and having to buy some 4s packs (I have none now,) I got over it quick as I can have two BLX 1:8 for the same cost.
Where I live, we have one LHS that deals Traxxas and no Arrma and it's 50 miles away. The Arrma hobby shop dealer is 100 miles away.
I also have no friends that will afford the hobby or would be willing to invest in the hobby like I have / am. I try, but honestly can't find anyone in my area with budget for big trucks. lol. Oh well. Maybe one day I'll get some friends that aren't so broke and one day I'll have an Xmaxx unless I get a CEN or Arrma decides to finally fill the 1:5 void. Either way, I'm fine by myself and happy enough to break stuff and fix it better. ;)

Nice upgrades and truck. Will be put money away for one after Christmas...Love the Notorious body, the black looks far better in person then in pics as it is more grayish black and goes nice with the black parts on the truck.

I drove the stock shock standoff bolts (m3x28) through the mounts then put m3 lock nuts on the other side, you can do the same in the front but you need another set of rear body mounts.
TRTxu1uh.jpg

@slick2500 you are the man! Did that to my Outcast right away and sent it to my buddies with Outcast. Thought I was smart using a zip tie!

This should be in the mods necessary to do the Outcast IMHO @WoodiE

This was on my worst day...

Attachments

• Outcast Body Posts... in the wrong spot.png
    Outcast Body Posts... in the wrong spot.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
@slick2500 you are the man! Did that to my Outcast right away and sent it to my buddies with Outcast. Thought I was smart using a zip tie!

This should be in the mods necessary to do the Outcast IMHO @WoodiE

This was on my worst day...
I stole that idea off some guy on Facebook.

I own a outcast and an xmaxx. I’ve had the outcast a lot longer and have broken a cpl things. The xmaxx I’ve had about 6-8 months and have broken nothing. It’s had an upgraded esc since day one for more power and I launch my trucks. Although I’ll say if I had to choose one..... outcast all day long. But the xmaxx is seriously tuff as nails imo!

I drove the stock shock standoff bolts (m3x28) through the mounts then put m3 lock nuts on the other side, you can do the same in the front but you need another set of rear body mounts.
TRTxu1uh.jpg
Would a little CA help in this scenario, or a slightly more aggressive screw? Just a newb asking for reference

Would a little CA help in this scenario, or a slightly more aggressive screw? Just a newb asking for reference
I tried CA and it was about as helpful as a screen door on a submarine, but never really tried a longer or bigger screw.

And I finally got around to putting the front mounts together, whoever told me it was a straight bolt on lied, you have to trim some of the body mount off and you also have to move the body holes over a little bit.

thats a great idea...i bend and mess those bolts up all the time....i even resorted to liquid nails...which works great...just cant get off till you break..lol

Spent all day yesterday and part of this morning upgrading my new Notorious. Here is the list:

Markhor CF top plate
Fast Eddy sealed bearings
RPM A-arms front and rear
RPM front bumper
Hot Racing hub/wheel carriers front and rear
Hot Racing channel lock motor mount
Hot Racing center diff mount
Voltage Hobbies front and rear shock towers
Voltage Hobbies servo mount with tabs
Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate
Savox SW1210SG servo
Spektrum receiver

I have the Voltage Hobbies rear and front chassis braces but they don't fit with the Markhor top plate. I may get the HR braces instead.
The reason for the green shock towers is because that's all they had in stock, lol. But with the red it sort of fits a nice Christmas theme :) I may do some more to make it more Christmas oriented. It could be a bad ass Santa sleigh!

View attachment 23526View attachment 23527View attachment 23528View attachment 23529View attachment 23530View attachment 23531
Can I ask were to buy them from. Mainly the carbon top play. Just bought a notorious today and fancy that. Only found overseas. Cheers.

Do u live in UK? If so how long did they take to arrive? Cheers.
Actually, I live in Canada. I bought mind used from @bicketybam through the forum. No idea on shipping times from the UK though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back