Notorious Notorious upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Spent all day yesterday and part of this morning upgrading my new Notorious. Here is the list:

Markhor CF top plate
Fast Eddy sealed bearings
RPM A-arms front and rear
RPM front bumper
Hot Racing hub/wheel carriers front and rear
Hot Racing channel lock motor mount
Hot Racing center diff mount
Voltage Hobbies front and rear shock towers
Voltage Hobbies servo mount with tabs
Voltage Hobbies rear skid plate
Savox SW1210SG servo
Spektrum receiver

I have the Voltage Hobbies rear and front chassis braces but they don't fit with the Markhor top plate. I may get the HR braces instead.
The reason for the green shock towers is because that's all they had in stock, lol. But with the red it sort of fits a nice Christmas theme :) I may do some more to make it more Christmas oriented. It could be a bad ass Santa sleigh!

20181104_082130.jpg
20181104_082155.jpg
20181104_082218.jpg
20181104_082235.jpg
20181104_082302.jpg
20181104_082328.jpg

Awesome! Do the hot Racing hubs and carriers tighten up the wheel slop over the stock?

Yes. Does it handle like a Ferrari? No. But it is definitely better and they look cool ?

Took it out for a mini bash. Did some jumps with my little ramp and then hit the dirt. First impressions....

The stock Backflip tires are awesome. I will out these in my Kraton next. They grip really well, aren't terrible on pavement and don't balloon like the Prolines. Fantastic tires.

Wheelies, wheelies and more wheelies. So much fun! Stock wheelie bar does an excellent job.

Truck jumps extremely well. When it lands it doesn't sound like my Kraton, which sounds like a ton of bricks hitting the pavement. Was not as squirly in the air as I thought it would be. Did a few doubles with ease.

Rear body mounts backed out. I can see that being a pain in the ass. Any simple solutions?

This is subjective but I think this is Arrma's best looking truck. The body is epic. I landed once on the roof and everything is fine.

I ran the speed pinion on 6s. Truck hauls ass like the Kraton. Not quite as zippy as my Typhon. Handles surprising well for a MT. Didn't roll over once.

I am very pleased so far. I can see this being my favorite out of my 1/8 scales.

20181104_121310.jpg
20181104_121325.jpg
20181104_121335.jpg

I drove the stock shock standoff bolts (m3x28) through the mounts then put m3 lock nuts on the other side, you can do the same in the front but you need another set of rear body mounts.
TRTxu1uh.jpg

My son and I have beat the heck out of ours, very pleased thus far. We’re actually getting our stuff together as we speak to go a ball field and blast. My buddy is bringing his brand new Xmaxx, should be interesting!

Is the rpm bumper the same one that’s listed for the Kraton? Did you need to adjust anything to fit it ?
I’m weighing up a rpm or tbone bumper for my Notorious.

Is the rpm bumper the same one that’s listed for the Kraton? Did you need to adjust anything to fit it ?
I’m weighing up a rpm or tbone bumper for my Notorious.

Same one. No adjustments.

Well our outcast and notorious prevailed! Ran the heck out of them, lots of big jumps that produced some big wrecks. No broken parts for us, my buddies new xmaxx didn’t do so well. He’s got some spending to do! I’m so impressed with these rigs

I know what you mean; even with 16/50 pinion/spur and stock motor on 6s my daughters outcast wheelies constantly :dead:

my buddies new xmaxx didn’t do so well. He’s got some spending to do!
I have a couple hard-headed Traxxas buddies with Xmaxx and would love to show em this. And I would except one of em is bringing me money for my E-R 2.0. I hate to scare him off before he finishes the deal.....and before I get my cash. lol :p

I guess what I was trying to relay was that the stock outcast and notorious that myself and son were piloting far exceeded what a stock xmaxx could deal with. That is a beautiful machine no doubt! But from my observation today I’d rather put my money’s in an outcast!

I don’t blame you. The only reason the project began was because the xmaxx was a deal too good to pass up.

In all honesty if I came across an xmaxx that was reasonable I’d own one too. There are many attributes that I can attest to that truck. When I decided on the outcast/ notorious trucks for my son and I, 1st my son is 13, second is I act like I’m 13, 3rd I have to buy two! Plus all that goes with it. In a nutshell if I was shopping for myself I would have purchased an xmaxx. I haven’t seen an xmaxx till today, or an outcast till ups dropped em off. We don’t have a LHS to look at them. But I’m glad to say that I’m happy with my purchase.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back