Notorious Notorious v5 BLX to EXB turnbuckles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rattlesnake

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas...

I have a blx noto v5.

was looking to upgrade front turnbuckles...figd' Id just get the exb kit from jennys for $30...which includes the front upper and lower a arms. anyway...seem to be same part numbers ...except for the turnbuckles (obviously because they are beefier)...my question is...the exb turnbuckles say M5x95....while the stock blx ones say M5x89.

will they fit as a direct replacement (without me replacing the a arms, etc?

what does the extra 6mm of length do to the front tires? / why are they 6mm longer?

maybe im just looking at something wrong?

thanks for your help in advance 🍻

AFAIK with the turnbuckles, if they are to long, you can shorten them just by simply screwing in the ball cups into the turnbuckles more. I’m not sure what the turnbuckles length should be from eye to eye on the Notorious. You can probably do this now by measuring your existing turn buckles to get the measurements.

I would just use a digital caliper to get the measurements correct.

I personally have not done this to my Talion but did something very similar on my Granite to get my camber and tow correct.

They probably made them longer in an effort to strengthen/stiffen the rod ends by having them thread in deeper. Compatibility will be the same. The turnbuckles themselves don't seem to be any stronger, same grade of steel, just nickel plated to resist rust.

They probably made them longer in an effort to strengthen/stiffen the rod ends. Compatibility will be the same. The turnbuckles themselves don't seem to be any stronger, same grade of steel, just nickel plated to resist rust.
I could be wrong but I believe they are longer for the Talion EXB with the longer a arms than the notorious and Outcast

Edit: I was wrong, Outcast / Talion / Kraton / Notorious and Fireteam all use the same EXB front A arm part # ARA330656

Last edited:
Just looked into this and it's actually a misprint on the JRC website. They're all M5x89mm. He must have confused the length of the upper turnbuckles with the length of the steering turnbuckles, which is 95mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back