Notorious Notorious v5 durability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
I bought my Noto used to push it harder and bigger then my other RCs, I’ve had this thing 30 foot in the air doing double backflips…front flips, ran up trees to flip, all kind of stupid things within reason and to my surprise the only thing that happen was LVC kicked in causing a bad landing and popped a front drive shaft out, switched the battery and went right back to it. I had some of my worst landing so far with this truck and it just kept coming back for more. It kinda like a heavier Tekno MT410 minus the handling. I did order the Outcast EXB bumper, loop, bracket, hardware and the M2C o-ring shock pistons kit for the Noto. I was going to buy EXB diffs and chassis from Jennys for it but I’m not going to waste the money until something actually breaks/bends first. Moral of my story is Arrma does a great job…I started back into RC with 1/10 scale Traxxas trucks and there is NO way they would have taken what to Noto did today straight out of the box. I’ve learned that I need to push my Arrma EXBs harder….

You could try and jump an apartment complex including the parking lot and over the closest tree. That should pretty much make an arrma pancake.
I think if you could get it to land on its wheels, it actually might roll away from that.

I agree!! I just had my first bad break within 4 months, but I was sending it!!

469E3111-1910-4F09-A28E-9D70B94B8834.jpeg

86A3DC1B-3E0B-401F-97AD-EDAE8A663F95.jpeg

I started in this hobby with the mid-'80's "High Quality ABS" Tamiyas and Kyoshos, moved in the mid-90's to racing 2wd buggies that were made of glass and eggshells. Got out of the hobby in the early '00s. Restarted the hobby a half a dozen years ago with ECX and Arrma. ECX could take a beating, but not a sending. I do sometimes break my Arrma's, but dang, can they take a thrashing, especially compared to what I had when I was a kid... :)

I agree!! I just had my first bad break within 4 months, but I was sending it!!

View attachment 185667

View attachment 185668
What happen there? Chassis bend?
I started in this hobby with the mid-'80's "High Quality ABS" Tamiyas and Kyoshos, moved in the mid-90's to racing 2wd buggies that were made of glass and eggshells. Got out of the hobby in the early '00s. Restarted the hobby a half a dozen years ago with ECX and Arrma. ECX could take a beating, but not a sending. I do sometimes break my Arrma's, but dang, can they take a thrashing, especially compared to what I had when I was a kid... :)
The plastics have come a longggggg way, Arrma seems to have a good recipe for plastics, but I haven’t owned a Arrma during the winter yet. So we will see how it goes when it gets real cold here in New Jersey. My Traxxas Hoss broke a few a arms and shock caps landing back flips only 5 foot high during the Winter. It’s hard to make a plastic that does well in extreme hot and cold.

Last edited:
I lied I did break something that day, I snapped both wing mount bolts going through the shock tower into the diff housing…I just realized today. I can definitely live with that, I had hardware in stock. Is this a common breakage?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back