Notorious Notorious v5 lazy rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
The rear end feels a little lazy on the suspension kinda just drags along and doesn’t rebound very much. Any suggestions as to changing locations on the shock towers or screwing the shock collars down a little? Trying to get around buying new springs or changing the fluid. Hoping I can just tune them. Anyone else have this issue with the 6s lineup?

No its not normal. Do the shocks have fluid in them? I bash pretty hard so I have my shock springs very preloaded with the collar you can adjust. I wouldnt worry about getting new springs

I can try to turn the collars down maybe that will help they do feel like they have fluid in them just don’t bounce back like the front maybe just need some more preload like your saying

It helped a good bit only turned them down to about half way on the threads lifted up the rear much better thank you

i have the same problem w/mine. noto v5 just purchased in may. im running a heavier 8000 mah battery so thats why i thought the back end looked lower...but even w/out the battery...the rear shocks do not rebound to where they started from / and or back to level. unfortunately...i didnt find out until after my first run ...when i was blowing er off...the bottom rear chassis was all scratched to hell. i now have the screw adjuster set all the way down to only about 2 threads showing on both sides. i contacted arrma via email support (a joke in its own right)...they didnt even reply.

anyway...i know that there is too much tension on the shock...but i refuse to pay arrma 90$ for another set.

was considering changing oil weight. i don't know what is stock or what is suggested to change too. seems like alot are not having problems with them? maybe i just got some 🍋 rear shocks. my front are perfect. didnt have to touch them out of the box...rebound to level every time.

i have the same problem w/mine. noto v5 just purchased in may. im running a heavier 8000 mah battery so thats why i thought the back end looked lower...but even w/out the battery...the rear shocks do not rebound to where they started from / and or back to level. unfortunately...i didnt find out until after my first run ...when i was blowing er off...the bottom rear chassis was all scratched to hell. i now have the screw adjuster set all the way down to only about 2 threads showing on both sides. i contacted arrma via email support (a joke in its own right)...they didnt even reply.

anyway...i know that there is too much tension on the shock...but i refuse to pay arrma 90$ for another set.

was considering changing oil weight. i don't know what is stock or what is suggested to change too. seems like alot are not having problems with them? maybe i just got some 🍋 rear shocks. my front are perfect. didnt have to touch them out of the box...rebound to level every time.
Mine doesn't have any issues. Rears bounce back fine and I also use the heavier 8000 batt. The stock oil is 1000cst in all 4. That was the only thing I left stock as I was going to put about that in it anyway. (And I bought mine in May too.... Did I start this thread and I forgot about it?? 🤣 🤪)

Clean em out, refill and make sure there's no air in the oil.

Hope you figure it out. ✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back