Notorious Notorious v5 to Outcast conversion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
What needs to be changed to convert a Notorious to a Outcast? I’m getting a decent deal on a Notorious and I think they are ugly but from what I seen and I haven’t dug into the exploded views yet but by eye it looks like just the body and bumper? I know nothing about these Notorious v5 diffs are they any good? All my Arrmas have the LSDs and they been bullet proof so far. Also anything I should look out for? Upgrade? I was thinking about getting Outcast exb diffs, body, bumper and exb turnbuckles from jennysrc if it will work on the Notorious v5…

EDIT: So there wasn’t a 6s Outcast before the EXB? There was a 4s Outcast, then the 8s version and now the 6s exb?? Now it makes sense to me why they didn’t release the Outcast 6s EXB as a roller….this whole time I thought there was a Outcast v4 with the v4 blx system…smh I guess every time I seen a picture of the 4s I just thought it was a 6s..my mind is blow, to my defense I’ve only need back into rc for a year and just recently got into Arrma when the Talion exb came out…

Last edited:
No, they made a 6s outcast previous to the exb. They just never released a V5 version like the noto.. so if you got a line on a V5 noto the only thing different is the body.. and the sticker on the bumper that says notorious 🤷🏻‍♂️

The outcast was the Notorious untill Horizon took arrma under their wing. The 1st release under Horizon was the Notorious with the real steel affect paint work on the body shell. That's the only difference between the two trucks.
The EXB bumper would be a great upgrade 👍🏼

I guess that answers my question about the diffs….

8F39AD90-E171-40A4-A140-9A31E77172BE.jpeg

Sideways landing does that 😕
I put a new wheel on it and noticed under acceleration it was pulling hard left, I bought it used and that side the wheel hex was stripped out so my guess is that it grabbed randomly and snapped the gear…I just bought the truck and I’m tearing it down and cleaning/checking everything…the servo saver looks weak too, but so far so good. I can live with 18 bucks worth of parts.

I can’t believe how clean this thing turned out, the only thing I found was the gear in the photos above, (21.49) shipped, and the servo saver seemed weak so I added a shim and stretched the servo saver spring out to add more tension. All the fasteners had rust in them…it’s amazing just a tooth brush and some wd40 can do to clean the rust out. This thing looks bran new after a complete tear down and cleaning everything . I was going to sonic clean all the bearing but they were all super smooth it must not have been used much. Also it came with a new body in the package still, I traded my just built trx4 unassembled kit for it. I also got a 50c Lectron pro 5200mah 50c battery too that look almost new and all the cells checked out good. To top it off I got a copy of the receipt just in case I need to get something Warranted.

4601A855-3082-42E4-875E-545A2E89952F.jpeg

7FFD14BF-0600-4475-A9D5-C617F62F39E3.jpeg

42418625-B3CD-4480-8E24-0C6FC1CF556D.jpeg

82980B25-384D-49AE-968B-BA6324A560F1.jpeg

4A1DDB05-1BD8-4D02-8EFA-0A7070D57B47.jpeg

What needs to be changed to convert a Notorious to a Outcast? I’m getting a decent deal on a Notorious and I think they are ugly but from what I seen and I haven’t dug into the exploded views yet but by eye it looks like just the body and bumper? I know nothing about these Notorious v5 diffs are they any good? All my Arrmas have the LSDs and they been bullet proof so far. Also anything I should look out for? Upgrade? I was thinking about getting Outcast exb diffs, body, bumper and exb turnbuckles from jennysrc if it will work on the Notorious v5…

EDIT: So there wasn’t a 6s Outcast before the EXB? There was a 4s Outcast, then the 8s version and now the 6s exb?? Now it makes sense to me why they didn’t release the Outcast 6s EXB as a roller….this whole time I thought there was a Outcast v4 with the v4 blx system…smh I guess every time I seen a picture of the 4s I just thought it was a 6s..my mind is blow, to my defense I’ve only need back into rc for a year and just recently got into Arrma when the Talion exb came out…

The Arrma Outcast was originally released in the fall of 2016. In the fall of 2017 it received updates including 4mm shocks, different shock standoffs, shock cap protectors, the receiver box and reinforced gearboxes. In the fall of 2018 Arrma released the Notorious which was just an Outcast with a different body. In spring of 2019 the Outcast received more updates sliding motor mount with easy access center diff, tower to tower brace, extra shims in diffs, no pop ball ends and a never loosen servo saver. During the spring 2019 update the Outcast received a downgrade in the radio department the Spektrum STX2 which is quite literally the worst radio system on the planet, it suffered from input lag for both the throttle and steering, massive glitching, short range and signal loss. In 2020 when the current models were updated to the V5 specs the Outcast and Talion were unofficially discontinued until they were released as EXB RTRs.

Well I recently got a Kraton exb 1/8 roller and wasn’t to crazy about it (I don’t think it should carry the tag Tuggy IMO)….I had some points saved up at Amain between that and the Black Friday sale I paid 150 for the roller so I decided to change everything from the Kraton to the Noto…I figured I would be sending the Noto bigger then the Kraton anyway…even if I bought everything from Jennys To convert to a EXB It would have been north of 300 for diffs, servo saver, turnbuckles, shock towers etc…it’s nice that Arrma is so modular, it literally took 30 min to change my Kraton into a v5 and my Noto to a exb, I still have to change the steering servo mount, and center diff, I’m going to make sure I like it first before I do that..bumper looks a little funny with the body but it will take nose dives better. If all works out I might get the exb chassis from the Outcast exb off Jenny’s…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back