Notorious NOTORIOUS V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyMatt

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Fun while it lasted, half a pack dead servo. Supposedly this is the upgraded servo too. It wasn't centered properly, had to use full left trim. I was going to correct it then nothing, dead. Everytime I try the servo it forces the esc to shutdown and reboot. No crazy jumping, just driving on the concrete.

I have a better spare servo but damn...I will call them in the morning. I am sure they will replace it. Keep it as a backup I guess.

I am going to love the truck though! It was a blast while it worked.

Yeah, I have the upgraded hot racing servo mount coming, so it really isn't horrible. I was hoping to get more than half a pack fro. The stock servo.

I usually upgrade stock servos anyway, hence the spare.

Fun while it lasted, half a pack dead servo. Supposedly this is the upgraded servo too. It wasn't centered properly, had to use full left trim. I was going to correct it then nothing, dead. Everytime I try the servo it forces the esc to shutdown and reboot. No crazy jumping, just driving on the concrete.

I have a better spare servo but damn...I will call them in the morning. I am sure they will replace it. Keep it as a backup I guess.

The exact same thing happen to me!! So annoying, contact horizon hobby and have them send you out a new one. If you don’t want to wait buy a Zoskay 35kg servo off of Amazon, then buy the Arrma 25t servo horn which is needed to use that servo.

Ha! Must have been fate. I bought the hot racing 25t horn and link. Which would not have fit tge stock servo, obviously.

It's getting a MKS 550, the extra I had. It was going to go into one of my crawlers as an upgrade, not now.

Ha! Must have been fate. I bought the hot racing 25t horn and link. Which would not have fit tge stock servo, obviously.

It's getting a MKS 550, the extra I had. It was going to go into one of my crawlers as an upgrade, not now.
Perfect! I was gonna buy the hot racing 25t, but my hobby shop only had the Arrma one.

This is crazy. I keep hearing the V5 servos are crapping out. I used mine maybe twice before replacing it with my go to servo DS3225 and the HR steering link. Looks like Arrma might be swapping that servo out with a new one in the next revision if this keeps on happening.

This is crazy. I keep hearing the V5 servos are crapping out. I used mine maybe twice before replacing it with my go to servo DS3225 and the HR steering link. Looks like Arrma might be swapping that servo out with a new one in the next revision if this keeps on happening.

Which it was a change from V4, supposed to be much better.

I was reading this to hopefully talk myself out of purchasing my fourth Arrma product , I change the servo on all my rigs right out of the box , I put in savox servos till they fail me , Wich has never happened , but I'm still not talked out of my next purchase ,,,,,DAMIT !!

It is a great truck and an absolute blast. I have so much fun with mine. Wheelies for days, back and front flips at will. Stoppies are fun too. Hehehe. Also the Notorious body just looks fantastic IMO.

Its a fun truck, I think I had some bad luck. I am going to run it today, nothing crazy, and report back.

I am wondering if they are coming RTR with the servo horn not centered properly and the end points not right so that the servos are burning out trying to push the steering farther than it will go.

I am wondering if they are coming RTR with the servo horn not centered properly and the end points not right so that the servos are burning out trying to push the steering farther than it will go.
Possible. I didnt try it out without setting it all up right so not sure. Or they are just garbage. ?‍♂️

Possible. I didnt try it out without setting it all up right so not sure. Or they are just garbage. ?‍♂️
My buddies also died within 5 packs of use.

It sucks they didn't stick with the ads-15m. It was a proven reliable and bashable servo. I've used a ton of servos, the speed and torque of the Spektrum isn't a noticeable upgrade.

Only time I've seen the ads-15 die is from a bad crash.

It definitely was not setup properly, passenger side tire needed as it was toed out pretty decently. I just ran with the MKS and it was great. I correctly centered the servo and adjusted the links to correct the toe. Ran straight as an arrow.

Freaking quick, I really don't feel comfortable getting it up to full speed here in front of the house!

Exact same thing happen to me after one pack. Servo kept esc in boot loop. Just got the zoskay 35kg off amazon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back