Notorious Notorious VS Outcast V4 !!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is easier to refer to all new 6s models as the 2019s. Everyone knows they are the ones with the t2t brace and other upgrades. Makes it less confusing to people that don't know whats a v3 or V4.

I think it would be easier if we just used the date. Instead of saying I have a V3 Typhon, be like I have a 2017 Typhon. You don't see people in the 1:1 world running around being all like yeah I have a 3rd gen f-body, no they will be like yeah I have a 1988 Iroc, with T-tops, leather interior and a stick.
I stand corrected. I understand now. I makes more sense that way. Thanks.:) I get people referring to the all 2019 6S releases as V4's. And roll with it. But not correct. Even Jacob at T-Bone refers the same. Easy to get tripped up.

Me too, assuming that what you mean by easy is rolling, cartwheeling, lawn darting, swimming and quite possibly, never landing on all four wheels. Okay, I'm obviously exaggerating (sort of), but the Noto is definitely a handful, and with all honesty, would not recommend it as a first 1/8 th scale or 6s truck. The longer wheel based Kraton or the more optimally balanced Talion, would really be helpful to a newb wanting to learn how to handle the extra power and size. My next investment, which isn't gonna be all that soon, is the Kraton M2C Goliath chassis. I think that stretching to the lwb is gonna help resolve a lot of the issues with handling. Might have to pick up some different tires to replace the backflips as well. Maybe the Copperhead 2's.
Your not liking the backflips?

Your not liking the backflips?
It's not that I don't like them, but they're prone to ballooning, even vented. Heard good things about the Proline Shockwaves. Just looking for ways to make it more controllable. Love the truck and getting better each day.

It's not that I don't like them, but they're prone to ballooning, even vented. Heard good things about the Proline Shockwaves. Just looking for ways to make it more controllable. Love the truck and getting better each day.
Whats your center diff weight out of curiosity? I was thinking about getting some backflips for my Kraton. Maybe not considering.

500k now, but 1M sitting in a second Hot Racing dif. The Backflips might not be bad on the longer wheelbase of the Kraton. It's more controllable to begin with, so might not be a bad idea. I think @bicketybam may have tried the combo already.

Whats your center diff weight out of curiosity? I was thinking about getting some backflips for my Kraton. Maybe not considering.
I run them on my Kraton. No complaints so far. I do have a set of Copperhead 2's coming so I will see how they compare.

1. The Copperhead 2's are shorter and wider than the Backflips that I have. Agree that the Noto requires more attentive driving input than the LWB Kraton. I feel that Copperhead 2 is a softer compund with a more rounded tread carcass . And they balloon more than the Backflips on 6S. I feel my standard size PL Badlands is the best compromise for my Noto. Balloons less than the Copperhead 2. The backflips, I feel work better on the Kraton traction wise. The Noto feels more connected using the Badlands. The copperhead 2's are the heaviest of the 3 tires I mentioned here. When exteme diffing out occurs, ballooning will always result at varying degrees depending on your tire of choice.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back