Notorious Notorious with no steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Montir

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello. I crashed my Notorious 6s and now steering does not work. Throttle is fine also in reverse but the wheels won’t steer. I can make them to turn by hand but it requires force and sounds and feels wrong. Any thoughts?

Thanks

It's servo, also when you make them turn by hand is there any crunchiness or skipping?

It's servo, also when you make them turn by hand is there any crunchiness or skipping?
Thanks. Maybe some crunchyness when i turn by hand. Also there is a good amount of resistance. How do I test if it’s the servo?

That pretty much was the test, whenever moving a servo by hand (gently with no power) if there any crunching at all usually man’s the gears are broke and the servo needs to be replaced.

I recommend the DS3235 servo for a great value that is fast and strong.

I also recommend taking the bell crank and servo saver apart, cleaning it, replacing any bushings with bearings, and shimming the posts so there is no slop and the servo saver spring so it can handle more force.

I recommend the DS3235 servo for a great value that is fast and strong.

I also recommend taking the bell crank and servo saver apart, cleaning it, replacing any bushings with bearings, and shimming the posts so there is no slop and the servo saver spring so it can handle more force.
Great. Thanks. I’ll look it up 👍

Great. Thanks. I’ll look it up 👍
I do not personally have one, but......

You could spend more, but bashers, by and large, unless you are talking 30 pound 8S rigs, don't need hyper torque and lightning speed to turn the wheels. If you want to spend more, you can. But for most, it does a pretty good job, and the price is nice. I have a higher power and higher dollar servo for my crawler, but its heavy, and at times your servo is having to push really hard at a very slow speed....

I have a heavier and more expensive servo in my 8S, but it weighs 30 lb+.

A 12 lb +/- rig going 10 mph or more..... doesn't need a whole lot to do what it needs to, let alone faster than that

Many experienced guys are pleased with the DS 3235. Thats what I have surmised from many posts about the DS3235....and I'm about to get one just to have one for my Mojave or Senton when needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07SBYZ4G5?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Just an Amazon special. Snaps the tires whichever way I point em plenty of speed and torque for bashing. It says it's waterproof but I haven't really put that to the test yet. I'm not much of a bigger with my rigs anyways but 15 packs in and it's held up great! 👍

Even came with a 25 tooth metal horn to replace the 23 tooth crap spektrum always uses.

Just make sure you get the 180° if you get it.

EDIT: On second look I'm recommending the same servo as everyone else 😂😂🤣

So there ya go must be a good one 🤘

You probably bricked the servo's gear train. Sounds like what you are describing.
Disconnect/isolate the servo's horn/arm from the ST link and operate the servo, you will clearly see and hear if it is bricked.
DS3235 35kg fits the bill. $34. AMZ. Been extremely good with these as cheap servos go. Have 8 of them.
Servos in bashers are just consumable components in IMO. We beat the crap out of them. Why spend alot.

You probably bricked the servo's gear train. Sounds like what you are describing.
Disconnect/isolate the servo's horn/arm from the ST link and operate the servo, you will clearly see and hear if it is bricked.
DS3235 35kg fits the bill. $34. AMZ. Been extremely good with these as cheap servos go. Have 8 of them.
Servos in bashers are just consumable components in IMO. We beat the crap out of them. Why spend alot.
Hey everyone. Finally got time to mount the servo (Ds3235 35kgs) but somehow the screws that fit my mount are too big for the holes in the servo (see pic). Any thoughts?

C315FA42-3D25-4127-BB3F-42F53522946A.jpeg

Just drill it?

Last edited:
I never use the Brass eyelets or the rubber isolators with any servo... as seen with the RTR installed servo's out the box. Thats just old school and is used on Air servos/Air RC's.
I do use Specific Servo mount Alloy washers, they are self centering along with Flat hexed screws. And Longest screws that will fit, makes the mount much more rigid. (all 8 screws. 4 bottom, 4 at top) Stock screws are too short IMHO. Makes the plastic servo mount flex more so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1139897600...1291&msclkid=1feab504021b165c83fed798bb44d485

Last edited:
You don’t need those brass pieces. First thing you need to do is to see if you need to shim the servo by putting spacers between the servo mount and the bottom of the mounting ears. The bottom of the servo should not touch the chassis and if it does, you need to shim it until it doesn’t. Then put a flat washer between the button head screw and the top of the ears to distribute the force of the screw.

How I do it. Just buy the correct Arrma 25 Spline Servo horn/Arm. The included Clamping Servo Arm with the DS3235 is NOT the correct length and Profile. It is wrong.
Get the Correct one below.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/servo-horn-aluminum-black/ARAC8904.html

My set up below on my TLRT... same for all my 6s rigs.

20220605_100912.jpg

Follow all of what @Engineer stated for installation.(y)
Servo must "float" above and not touch the chassis. A few mm is enough. (y) Shim as needed. Can use "servo shims" or similar if needed.

Last edited:
How I do it. Just buy the correct Arrma 25 Spline Servo horn/Arm. The included Clamping Servo Arm with the DS3235 is NOT the correct length and Profile. It is wrong.
Get the Correct one below.

My set up below on my TLRT... same for all my 6s rigs.

View attachment 221728
Follow all of what @Engineer stated for installation.(y)
Servo must "float" above and not touch the chassis. A few mm is enough. (y) Shim as needed. Can use "servo shims" or similar if needed.
So the stock arm won't work with the DS35 servo?

No it will not.
The 23 spline Spektrum arm/horn is an outliar. And Spektrum likes it that way. So you keep buying their $servos$.
99% of of upgrade servos Are 25 spline. Including the DS3235 AMZ servo. The nice Universal clamping 25 spl. Arm that comes with the DS3235 is not the best fit IMHO. Some have made it work. I tried. I rather just use the Arrma 25 spline servo arm.
And all Arrma rigs in the past, only several years back, were always 25 spline to begin with, until Spektrum started pushing/marketting their own servo's.
Just get the Arrma 25 spline arm for the a 6s rig. And don't look back.

This was the Old legacy Stocker 25 Spline servo arm below. Now it is an "Option" part. Plug and play. Proper profile and correct fit. Most that are new to Arrma, don't know this.

Last edited:
No it will not.
The 23 spline Spektrum arm/horn is an outliar. And Spektrum likes it that way. So you keep buying their $servos$.
99% of of upgrade servos Are 25 spline. Including the DS3235 AMZ servo. The nice Universal clamping 25 spl. Arm that comes with the DS3235 is not the best fit IMHO. Some have made it work. I tried. I rather just use the Arrma 25 spline servo arm.
And all Arrma rigs in the past, only several years back, were always 25 spline to begin with, until Spektrum started pushing/marketting their own servo's.
Just get the Arrma 25 spline arm for the a 6s rig. And don't look back.

This was the Old legacy Stocker 25 Spline servo arm below. Now it is an "Option" part. Plug and play. Proper profile and correct fit. Most that are new to Arrma, don't know this.

Thanks, yeah I found out in another thread the servo i ordered lastnight was also 25T seems all the aftermarket ones from Spektrum are 25 so i ordered that arm also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back