Notorious Notorious??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to do a thing to my Outcast except fool around with the servo saver, set my droop and set end points. I jump it plenty and general beat the crap out of it. Have had my Kraton longer and have only upgraded the servo, mount and bumpers. Broke a few arms and blew out some bearings but that’s it in the Kraton and it spends a lot of time in the air. They don’t “need” much upgrading imo. My advice is Loctite your servo saver where you like it, (everyone complains about the servo but it’s the servo saver 90% of the time) buy more batteries, good charger, good tools, some fluids (read up on which ones maybe 200k in the center diff to start and some 70-75wt shock fluid for servicing) extra set of arms, wing mount, servo, tbr bumper, plastic ramps for practice and a second car before upgrading everything. Then spend a lot of time driving it and get to know the car/truck and if you feel something is holding it back or keeps breaking upgrade. If your car is set up correctly you won’t break much unless you hit stuff at full blast. Then no apgrading will help that. Most of all have fun, (sometimes upgrading is part of the fun) and learn to really drive the thing. Congradulations and best of luck with it.

I have yet to do a thing to my Outcast except fool around with the servo saver, set my droop and set end points. I jump it plenty and general beat the crap out of it. Have had my Kraton longer and have only upgraded the servo, mount and bumpers. Broke a few arms and blew out some bearings but that’s it in the Kraton and it spends a lot of time in the air. They don’t “need” much upgrading imo. My advice is Loctite your servo saver where you like it, (everyone complains about the servo but it’s the servo saver 90% of the time) buy more batteries, good charger, good tools, some fluids (read up on which ones maybe 200k in the center diff to start and some 70-75wt shock fluid for servicing) extra set of arms, wing mount, servo, tbr bumper, plastic ramps for practice and a second car before upgrading everything. Then spend a lot of time driving it and get to know the car/truck and if you feel something is holding it back or keeps breaking upgrade. If your car is set up correctly you won’t break much unless you hit stuff at full blast. Then no apgrading will help that. Most of all have fun, and learn to really drive the thing.
Great advice. Because it's so cold now, I've only run my Notorious a couple of times. Broke the wing mounts, but whatever. Any and all upgrades I've performed, are simply because I enjoy working on the truck and wrenching has become half the fun. Definitely not out of necessity. I've spent a few bucks (ok, a lot of bucks), but only because I wanted to, not because I had to. I even painted the body because I was bored, for crying out loud! It is one tough truck out of the box, so run it, bash it and blast it. Fix it when it breaks and upgrade to where your budget allows.

^^^Went out today and ran a couple packs in the cold and broke a wing mount...just ordered two more.

I run the RPM on the front and t-bone/wheelie bar on the rear of my outcast. Both have done a good job.

Both also needed a steel wear plate or they would be gone after 3-4 bash sessions at my skate parks. Concrete skate parks eat up skids/chassis very quickly. The front/rear hit the face of the jump on approach, which is a lot of speed and force driving it into a belt sander with every jump. I don't jump onto concrete very often, or hard. 90% of my jumps are from concrete to grass.

everyone complains about the servo but it’s the servo saver 90% of the time

Hey Jim, I'm one of those poor guys with servo issues :) I'm still new at this so could you please summarize without taking more than two lines or taking too much of your time on the top bullets about the Notorious/Outcast servo saver best practices ? meaning, how to check how tight it is, what's the right tightness for which conditions ? I like your idea of Loctite the servo saver but I don't know much about it.

Thank you and my apologies for such a noob question, it's a hobby at the end of the day !!! :)

I have my servo saver cranked up pretty good, just a few mm from slammed tight. Still has some spring showing and a little give though. The Loctite lasted a couple weeks but I noticed the other day is loosened up. As the bell crank turns it just unscrews itself. Im kind of new to Arrmas as well but never had this issue with my old cars with a knurled nut on top of it instead of being on the bottom. Heres a great short video of how to adjust the Arrma servo saver. Thomas P is the man, check out his videos if you haven't already.

we have both kraton and my daughters outcast - I prefer my kraton.

Could I ask why ? just wondering about different opinions among them since I have a Notorious but thinking on getting my Daughter a Kraton if we decided going on 6s (but she would do 4s for a while first).

If 3s then I would give her a Typhon 3s instead of Granite 3s for more stability, but always wondered how different is driving the Kraton with its longer chassis.

Thanks !

Could I ask why ? just wondering about different opinions among them since I have a Notorious but thinking on getting my Daughter a Kraton if we decided going on 6s (but she would do 4s for a while first).

If 3s then I would give her a Typhon 3s instead of Granite 3s for more stability, but always wondered how different is driving the Kraton with its longer chassis.

Thanks !
The Kraton is a lot different with the longer chassis. I was surprised at how different it is.

The Kraton is a lot different with the longer chassis. I was surprised at how different it is.
I totally agree the kraton gets much more air with ease. I also have both and love both. The outcast is just insane and out of control fun good luck trying to keep the front wheels on the ground. The kraton to me is a lot more controllable and easier to keep the front wheels down

^^^Mike is right on. Outcast is pretty silly, like something from a cartoon. I’ve been choosing it more lately but it is my newest rc...

lol that's funny ... but point taken. I will start saving for a Kraton :-D

I’ve had my notorious for 2 months now with 6 runs on it. Two where from the bmx track where I put it to its Arrma tough test. And the other four where from my back yard jumping it off my cardboard ramp about 5ft in the air and 6 yards away, for about 25 minutes straight. Guess what no breakage only kept experiencing my battery connection coming loose every now and then. I may start taping them together. ? This notorious have been living up to it’s hype and keeps a smile on my face. ? Enjoy it because it keeps on going when you think there is no way it survived the worst you can give it. At least that’s been my experience so far. My traxxas revo and hpi savage flux can’t touch it when it comes to bashing hard, well maybe the savage but that’s it when it comes to a ready to run vehicle. It’s like having a knock off tekno Mt410 in a very good way. Guys I can’t explain to you how much I love this truck ??

As for the xt90 connectors spread the male pins. It will help a lot and try to zip tie them to the center tower to help prevent them from moving

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back