Notorious Notorius 6s vs 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesCanada

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
So, I’ve been treated to this greatness of a stunt truck for the past 3 days now.
And every day, I broke something on it lol!
I think I might be pushing it a bit too hard.
That being said, I have a 6s Lipo 4500 60Cell battery. And it hauls a$$.
I’m wondering if it’s not too much juice for this truck tho? Should I opt for the 4s and might it extend my trucks life ??

Thanks a lot!

James

4s definitely easier on everything. Break less driveline parts.

So, I’ve been treated to this greatness of a stunt truck for the past 3 days now.
And every day, I broke something on it lol!
I think I might be pushing it a bit too hard.
That being said, I have a 6s Lipo 4500 60Cell battery. And it hauls a$$.
I’m wondering if it’s not too much juice for this truck tho? Should I opt for the 4s and might it extend my trucks life ??

Thanks a lot!

James
Have the same truck. Out of all 6S cars I've driven the Notorious/Outcast is both the hardest, and easiest at the same time. It is a very nimble, reacts very quick to input, upping the diff oils makes it even more. But once you get used to it, you realize how good it handles, flips, and doesn't roll over very easy on corners.

I ran my outcast for the first 6 months on 4S. With trencher 3.8's I couldn't gear past a 14T pinion without overheating the esc frequently. I switched to 6S and it's a blast. Running a 13T and I still overheat on occasion. I also wrapped the tires with kevlar string to avoid having them blow off the rims with 6S speeds.

I also don't use the stock radio and I have the HW program box to adjust the punch/brake of the BLX185 which helps calm it down. Between adjusting the brake EPA on the radio and the brake amount in the esc, that really helped make it easier to handle in the air.

I have hope for others, not us ??
To everyone else on the forum, do as we (@jondilly1974 and I) say, not as we do, and you will enjoy a long and happy rc experience. Do as we do...........then you're up sh!ts creek on a boat made of sh!t with sh!t for paddles, headed to a waterfall that descends into an a black hole that leads straight back into sh!ts creek!

I run a two 3s 75c 7600mah in my outcast. I have yet to brake anything and I've been beating the hell out of it. Try using it at 75% or even 50% throttle until you get used to it.

I think 6s us fine for the Noto/Outcast but I would avoid self-righting and standing backflips. Those are very hard on the diffs.

Stay 6s and change pinions to find your sweet spot. Pinions are cheaper than batteries ???

the pinion that comes in the box (or bag with the instructions). is faster or slower than the stock one that is on the truck?

the pinion that comes in the box (or bag with the instructions). is faster or slower than the stock one that is on the truck?
The one in the bag is the “speed” pinion. I think it is 15t.
One thing I’m enjoying with the 6s Outcast(Notorious) is the smaller Backflip Lp tires. For jumping they calm the throttle and breaking a bit. I’ve been running them all summer on 6s with the 15t pinion.
I still break things, mostly the shockends and a post last time. I have a lot of trucks and bags of parts which helps.

I think 6s us fine for the Noto/Outcast but I would avoid self-righting and standing backflips. Those are very hard on the diffs.

Stay 6s and change pinions to find your sweet spot. Pinions are cheaper than batteries ???
I'm on my second rear diff in 3 weeks... the last one (even with alloy cup and shimmed) only lasted 2 packs. Well, 1.25 packs really. Once it started skipping Monday, I was annoyed and really let her eat... now she really skips. No clue why it gave out. Guess I'll have to dial the punch back and live with the hesitation on 6S. May also rip out the center diff and replace the 500k with 300k to transfer some of the take off load to the front. Might make it easier to drive on 6S anyway, but still... I'm annoyed at it's short life. Didn't help that my LP wing mount also snapped off... when landing on all 4s... Yesterday was not kind to my outcast.

This time I'll replace the entire bulkhead as well. Maybe there's a crack or something I'm not seeing. If I'm going that far, only makes sense to tear down the center diff and replace the cup with the new aluminum one there as well, since I have 2 on hand.

you sir, are the reason I don't frequent Forums...
Thanks for that usefull answer.

Thanks @arrmadillo, I appreciate it!

You totally missed the boat on what he is telling you. Finger control. Throttle control. Whatever you want to call it. If you get in your real vehicle and floor it and run into a tree its gonna get messed up bad, if you go slower you could drive around the tree instead of hitting it straight on . Thats what he was telling you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back