SOLD / FOUND Now 2 Stampede 4x4 VXL's! (1 brushed) new price!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DLK83

$dirty hands-no money$
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
EDIT: There's now 2 of these trucks and a package price, see second set of pics below👍

So a little back story on this truck... my boss told me to start organizing the back room at the shop.. I found this truck, remote, and charger in a box, covered in 3 inches of dust, there was a lipo in there that was swollen to twice its normal size, and someone left the batteries in the remote so you know how that goes.. I almost pitched the whole thing in the dumpster because I need another project like a hole in the head.. but, mama didn't raise no quitter, so I cleaned up the remote with baking soda, water and q-tips, and it surprisingly powered up! I brought in a good battery and plugged it in and poof, the esc instantly went up in smoke.. but, refusing to throw in the towel, I decided to put in a brand new Hobbywing Wp1080 esc and Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster Sport 550 I had as a spare for a crawler.. powered it up, pulled the trigger, and to my delight, it went straight... right into the wall because the servo was striipped!! Since I went this far, I threw an extra servo I had in there and this is the final product! Body is a little beat up but very usable, would be a perfect little truck for a kids 1st car. I put in a RRP 10t pinion I had, and installed the front RPM arms that were also in the box lol... I know nothing about the charger other than it powers up and you can navigate through the functions, if it works, good for the buyer, if not, you can pitch it and your not out anything. I'm also including the 2s lipo, it's my lhs brand and a great little battery, hasnt been cycled much and always treated properly. The wheelie bar, original front arms, Tool kit, etc is in the bag along with manuals and papwerwork(no original box unfortunately). I went through all the wheel bearings and the shocks, so they're good to go, I DID NOT TOUCH the diffs or the trans/slipper, but I drove it for about 10 minutes and it seems fine...I have somewhere around $100 + my time into this and would like to pass along a deal to hopefully get a young person or someone on a budget into the hobby, $200 shipped. P.S. There's a program card and cable in the esc box as well👍

20221229_205052.jpg

20221229_205147.jpg

20221229_205221.jpg

20221229_205235.jpg

20221229_205304.jpg

20221229_205320.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work dude, looks good.
Thank you sir, hopefully this can help someone out, I just don't have the time or space for another rig.. I sent usps and email just now, hopefully we can find out where that motor is?!!

There's now 2 of these! Found this one today cleaning up more at the shop.. this one appears to be a bone stock VXL 3S truck with the exception of the front lower arms are RPM. It powers up, has forward/reverse, and the servo works fine, but as you can see in the pictures, the l/f outer stub axle is broke so I can't actually drive it...the center driveshaft is slightly bent as well, it functions, but should be replaced. Just like the other one, the body is a little beat up but still plenty usable. I will include a 2s lipo with this one as well, I'm not interested in fixing this one so $125 shipped if you want just this one, or both trucks for $300 shipped

20221231_162642.jpg

20221231_162657.jpg

20221231_162810.jpg

20221231_162844.jpg

20221231_163029.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back