Kraton Now Confused about upgrading Servo, Help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your comment about the tall waterproof servo not fitting without issues, I have never heard that and I'm not sure that's accurate to say it has issues.

Not sure if it would be that big of an issue, but the waterproof ones are taller well at least the 1210 sg, I have that but paired with the gka servo mount, they offer 2; one for the standard height servos, and a taller one which isn't taller by much and it comes with a spacer that goes between the steering link and servo horn (which keeps the link level pretty much the original geometry just moved up a little).

Yes and No

Many people run the 1210SG just fine

The geometry isn't an issue because you can adjust endpoints and put it within steering range.

As long as the

A: The horn doesn't physically hit anything
B: The Range of motion is still there.

Thanks guys for helping me understand and will be ordering a servo soon. Also Dvarg, your right about the backflips on track as they do slide, however my first try at the track I had the V3 stock tires and omg I was on ice skates out there but it did allow me to learn throttle control. But one thing at a time with upgrades lol. Oh I failed to mention Im running 6S on a track and like others mentioned its overkill. So I also have to buy a set of 4S for track also.
4s is okay but not enough juice for long jumps. I like 5s to be the perfect medium. Plenty of power and able to control the truck in the air!

Your comment about the tall waterproof servo not fitting without issues, I have never heard that and I'm not sure that's accurate to say it has issues.
I had to raise my 1210 about 2-3mm up off the stock servo mount in my v2 outcast. Can slide a piece of paper under it between it and the chassis, but that's about it.

4s is okay but not enough juice for long jumps. I like 5s to be the perfect medium. Plenty of power and able to control the truck in the air!

downfall to running 5s is it's not supported by the equipment, it is suggested to turn off the LVC and use a separate lipo alarm. And running 5s voids warranty

Never ever have i heard of 5s voiding a warrenty. How can it be rated for 4 to 6s and not work for 5? What i do know is you must use a true 5s battery! You cant use a 3 and 2s to make 5 like you can use 2 3cells to make 6s and 2 2cells to make 4s.

Two 2cells to make 4s works fine and two 3s to make 6s good but when i did a 2s and a 3s to make 5s it worked fine but it dosent discharge the batteries correctly and caused my batteries to puff really badly and different occasions after they being brand new. Why it dosent discharge them correctly i don't know but if someone does i would be grateful for the knowledge.

It shouldn't, it's no different then multiple cells making up 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, or 6s packs and beyond. I make sure the 2s and 3s are the same capacity, brand and C rating.

That was my thought exactly! The batteries were borh 5000mah 50c rating from venom. By the way don t recommend venom batteries. Great warrenty but no good in my opinion. But for some strange reason they would puff up bad. I think it would overdischarge one cell to much. Y i don't know but it did more than once with brand new batteries!

I know quite a few run 5S in the savage flux and brushless revos as well using 2S and 3S packs . Was surprised to see you mention that you shouldn't do that. Electronically, it shouldn't matter as long as they are the same cells internally (C/mah/brand/resistance).

In my experience it messed up the batteries when i used 2 nd a 3 cell to make a 5 cell. If i am wrong and it was just poopy venom batteries then great cause imo the kraton is perfect on 5s!

There are alot of good servos out there but savox is a great servo as I own about 5 of them in various rigs. If it's the stock esc I'd say go with a bec it would be worth the 20 dollars. I run my 1230sg in my kraton on a mamba monster x esc with no bec at y volts and it has 500oz inches of torque and great speed. It's all preference of what people like they all have their brands but all the name brands are good. I have hitec, savox, protek, and a couple jx servos and they are all good if you get the right spec for your truck. I'd recommend the savox 1230sg for your kraton that's what I have in mine. It will turn the tires no problem in tall grass or where ever. Good luck.

Also I have the Savox 1270TG in my outcast and Tekno MT410 and it is just as powerful as the 1230 but an little faster and has titanium gears instead of steel. The 1230 is a steal for the price. The 1270 is a bit higher but worth it.

Not sure if you have the V4 Kraton, but check out this video if your servo saver needs some work. If you have the V3 then you might just need to tighten it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back