NTF Motor fan - down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
I think this is more of a wiring issue versus a brand (NTF) issue, though my experience with the products has not been good.

i bought NTFs dual fan & heat sink rig for 8s alongside the ESC fan kit, powered by a 1300mah 3s Lipo.

one of the fans on the heat sink stopped working. I quickly checked all the connections and swapped in a fresh battery to no avail.

can anyone recommend a method on how to properly diagnose and fix the problem? I don’t know what I’m doing and don’t want to be a cowboy.

pic of the setup attached. Circled problematic fan with yellow

F8EBB1C1-8ECB-4730-BEEF-291D3149A147.jpeg

Check the wires and connectors for damage. Give the fan a spin by hand. Not much to it.

What happened to make it stop working?
If you hit it hard i.e. jumping or similar, the fan/motor is damaged and it's toast. Could simply be a wire as well.

Fairly simply to diagnose, connect fan to power and see if it spins 😜
Check the wires close to the motor, that is typically where damage occurs, if there is no visible wire damage it's on the fan motor itself. Nothing to fix.

Either get in touch with them and he will most likely send you a new one or cut out the middleman and buy one yourself.
You would only need to connect the red and black wires on the fans below, the other 2 just trim back and leave open.

The upgraded metal case one:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/sanyo-denki-america-inc/9GE0412P3K03/6192334

The used these at some point or close to it. I would prefer this due to current draw being less and having more output.
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/delta-electronics/FFB0412UHN-CF00/2560718

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back