New York NYC Bash Spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What's up NY? I'm looking for a few new places to run this new Kraton. I'm in Brooklyn so Floyd Bennett Field is always an option. I don't think jumping this thing out there is a good idea though. Who's close? Where do you run?

Thread type
Wanting to Meetup
Type of Event
  1. Bashing
New York is one of the best, if not the best place, to see and meet a celebrity so you're looking in the right place.

Unfortunately however they're usually seen running from the car into a building or vice versa, or they're so inconspicuously dressed that you'd barely recoqnize them, so you have to be pretty proactive if you want catch a sighting. That said:

The SoHo neighborhood, in between Houston Street and Canal Street is the best area. This is where a majority of celebs shop and stay when in the City. The Apple Store there also holds a lot of free events featuring some of the best celebrities around.

Second to this is either in the Tribeca neighborhood where a lot of celebs live (like Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Rihanna and Jennifer Lawrence) or around Rockefeller Plaza where all the star studded shows take place like Saturday Night Live, Jimmy Fallon, and Good Morning America. If you get tickets to one of those shows you're pretty much guaranteed to see some sort of celebrity. As you are with going to a Broadway play that currently has a star in it, though tickets to those can cost as much as $400 so it might not always be worth it. A lot of people usually wait outside the theaters for when the stars leave so there's always that (cheaper) option as well!

What in the world....

I’d be far more interested in watching Mr7wun8 drive his Kraton. Than meeting ANYONE you just mentioned LOL

Unfortunately I’m not in NY so that’s not gonna happen.

New York is one of the best, if not the best place, to see and meet a celebrity so you're looking in the right place.

Unfortunately however they're usually seen running from the car into a building or vice versa, or they're so inconspicuously dressed that you'd barely recoqnize them, so you have to be pretty proactive if you want catch a sighting. That said:

The SoHo neighborhood, in between Houston Street and Canal Street is the best area. This is where a majority of celebs shop and stay when in the City. The Apple Store there also holds a lot of free events featuring some of the best celebrities around.

Second to this is either in the Tribeca neighborhood where a lot of celebs live (like Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Rihanna and Jennifer Lawrence) or around Rockefeller Plaza where all the star studded shows take place like Saturday Night Live, Jimmy Fallon, and Good Morning America. If you get tickets to one of those shows you're pretty much guaranteed to see some sort of celebrity. As you are with going to a Broadway play that currently has a star in it, though tickets to those can cost as much as $400 so it might not always be worth it. A lot of people usually wait outside the theaters for when the stars leave so there's always that (cheaper) option as well!
F286FEEA-68D0-4292-9FC4-095A4FF744F8.gif

Ummmm... I appreciate any time taken to respond, but I was a little more focused on bashing. I just came from a 4S and 6S run at Marine park. I need to bring a ramp next time.

IMG_20190330_184633432.jpg
IMG_20190406_143928372.jpg
Hey what up.I'm in Washington Heights. Highbridge park 191st end of Amsterdam ave. Also trails with sick jumps! The wood ramps are behind Yankees stadium!

Attachments

• IMG_20180805_133322696_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180805_133322696_HDR.jpg
    672.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20180805_133317559_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180805_133317559_HDR.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 82
What's up NY? I'm looking for a few new places to run this new Kraton. I'm in Brooklyn so Floyd Bennett Field is always an option. I don't think jumping this thing out there is a good idea though. Who's close? Where do you run?

I'm in Crown Heights! I've searched a bit in Prospect Park for some good spots, but haven't had much success. There's just so many people and dogs around, it's tough. I'm looking for spots in Brooklyn / Queens / Long Island!

I'm in Crown Heights! I've searched a bit in Prospect Park for some good spots, but haven't had much success. There's just so many people and dogs around, it's tough. I'm looking for spots in Brooklyn / Queens / Long Island!

I'm in Crown Heights too! Prospect Park is ok. Marine park is a bit better. Floyd Bennett is great, but it's closed for now. The 1/5 scale guys get out and race on Sundays in Baisley Pond Park out in Queens. I still haven't found anywhere good for jumping though other than my ramp (which sucks) at Marine Park.

I'm in Crown Heights too! Prospect Park is ok. Marine park is a bit better. Floyd Bennett is great, but it's closed for now. The 1/5 scale guys get out and race on Sundays in Baisley Pond Park out in Queens. I still haven't found anywhere good for jumping though other than my ramp (which sucks) at Marine Park.

Okay cool! Sounds like at least there's some options around.

Hey did you ever find more spots in NYC to bash? I'm close to Floyd Bennett Field and Marine Park so those are my main go to spots.

Hey did you ever find more spots in NYC to bash? I'm close to Floyd Bennett Field and Marine Park so those are my main go to spots.
Hey, i actually just bought 2 arrma's ( felony & notorious ) and looking for a decent place to run them.

Hey, i actually just bought 2 arrma's ( felony & notorious ) and looking for a decent place to run them.
You got two nice options there. Floyd Bennett Field is a great spot to run the Felony. Adjacent to the Aviator parking lot is a few huge open areas that used to be aircraft runways I guess. The surface is pretty smooth, flat and debris free. I usually go around those orange and white plastic barriers right by the Aviator entrance. Right past those barriers around the bend is a great spot, and it's closed to traffic, so you don't have to watch out for people that come here to learn to drive.
I just got an Infraction V2 and plan to go there this week to test it out now that the weather is getting nice.
Maybe we can organize a few people to meet up for bash sessions. I know there is an RC drag group that races in the summer, but I haven't dipped my toe into that pond yet, and I do mean yet cause I do plan on getting one or two lol. I'm addicted 😁

You got two nice options there. Floyd Bennett Field is a great spot to run the Felony. Adjacent to the Aviator parking lot is a few huge open areas that used to be aircraft runways I guess. The surface is pretty smooth, flat and debris free. I usually go around those orange and white plastic barriers right by the Aviator entrance. Right past those barriers around the bend is a great spot, and it's closed to traffic, so you don't have to watch out for people that come here to learn to drive.
I just got an Infraction V2 and plan to go there this week to test it out now that the weather is getting nice.
Maybe we can organize a few people to meet up for bash sessions. I know there is an RC drag group that races in the summer, but I haven't dipped my toe into that pond yet, and I do mean yet cause I do plan on getting one or two lol. I'm addicted 😁
Ahh nice. You want to try and go this saturday? I was tossed up between the infraction v2 and the felony. Was in the hobby shop for over an hour

Ahh nice. You want to try and go this saturday? I was tossed up between the infraction v2 and the felony. Was in the hobby shop for over an hour
Yeah this Saturday can definitely be a plan.

I was also tossed up between the Infraction and Felony, but the deal breaker for me were the tires. The rear tires on the felony are notorious for being out of stock and hard to find, plus there isn't much aftermarket tires that match up. You can't just slap on any tires because the gear ratios are different. Plus no handbrake, which is a gimmick, but its kinda fun imo.

Which hobby shop did you go to?

Ok cool. I will definitely go saturday. Will shoot you a pm. Yea i got lucky. I literally was at work and just had urge to buy one again bc of my brother. I was always into nitro traxxas trucks. I still have a tmaxx and slash. I drove my brothers typhon and loved the way it handled. The hobby store was called the hobby shop in mount vernon small place but they had spare rear tires for the felony so bought 2 sets with the car lol.

Been to FBF, and Brooklyn Hobbies year past. 👍👍
I am in North Queens, I go to Kissena City Park at the Bicycle Velodrome Very early Sunday mornings. All flyers are there. Dirt fields and the Velodrome is good also when no cyclists are there. A 1/4 mile 30 degree Banked oval. Good for 65mph speeds on my Lim. and Infr. Any rig actually. Pretty smooth Asphalt renovated several years ago. Any faster than 70 ish mph, and you will wreck. Demanding driving if you are into it. A challenge. But I race others there lap after lap. Fun competition. The Velodrome has a new 5 foot judge's stand that you can easily drive from. Room for 3 or 4 drivers. :cool:
Anyone in the queens area should reach out. Check it out.

The spot on 191 and Amsterdam in fort George is actually a mountain bike range still dope though.. I don’t have an arrma I do want to run my cars there..

Went to Cunningham Mountain Bike Park this morning. There's some decent jump options there, but not a lot of wide open spaces.

Went to Cunningham Mountain Bike Park this morning. There's some decent jump options there, but not a lot of wide open spaces.
I live nearby. At first sight the dirt jump section looked amazing, but it's a REALLY narrow course. Very difficult to send it and actually land back on the track. I have new tires coming, maybe I'll do better with more traction.

Hey what up.I'm in Washington Heights. Highbridge park 191st end of Amsterdam ave. Also trails with sick jumps!
Wow, that looks promising. How is the crowd/traffic?

Last edited:
Back