New York NYC Bash Spots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been to FBF, and Brooklyn Hobbies year past. 👍👍
I am in North Queens, I go to Kissena City Park at the Bicycle Velodrome Very early Sunday mornings. All flyers are there. Dirt fields and the Velodrome is good also when no cyclists are there. A 1/4 mile 30 degree Banked oval. Good for 65mph speeds on my Lim. and Infr. Any rig actually. Pretty smooth Asphalt renovated several years ago. Any faster than 70 ish mph, and you will wreck. Demanding driving if you are into it. A challenge. But I race others there lap after lap. Fun competition. The Velodrome has a new 5 foot judge's stand that you can easily drive from. Room for 3 or 4 drivers. :cool:
Anyone in the queens area should reach out. Check it out.
I've driven that Velodrome. The Granite doesn't approach 70, so it can run full throttle. But with the Granite's not so precise steering, it's definitely challenging and a bit scary. I did crash, but got away with minimal damage.

Last edited:
Lately been going to Velodrome and now Jones beach, West End last parking lot field.. Its been empty. No one there. Big smooth lot for my Infr and Lim. Then I do some Crawling in the dunes with my son.

So any places on Long Island?!! I was thinking to check out sunken meadow park

This is the best place I've found--it's a little dirt bike / pit bike track at Anthony Casamento Park. My buddy and I will be going there on Saturday in the morning! We'll have a Kraton 8S / Outcast 8S / Big Rock CC out there.

Once you enter the park it's just north of the field. You have to find the little path that leads through the big overgrown hedges, but it's a pretty legit spot! You can see it on the top part of the image here 💪 Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 2.29.45 PM.png

This is the best place I've found--it's a little dirt bike / pit bike track at Anthony Casamento Park. My buddy and I will be going there on Saturday in the morning! We'll have a Kraton 8S / Outcast 8S / Big Rock CC out there.

Once you enter the park it's just north of the field. You have to find the little path that leads through the big overgrown hedges, but it's a pretty legit spot! You can see it on the top part of the image here 💪 Hope this helps!
Are there jumps or is it a flat dirt track?

This is very informative. I live in Middle Village, and I run my Notorious in the Park. Sometimes I run my Felony 8S outside of the tennis park. Long enough stretch. However, I mostly use the street at night time.

So what's up new yorkers.
I'm in Rochester NY and have found that it is very difficult to find a smooth, long enough road to open up my limitless?
Anyone local to Rochester or suroundding areas that's knows of a good speed run road. Even went as far to ask the local airport but thier run way is worse then the roads I'm seeing.
Please help.

Anything for the ppl looking to run high speeds in NY/NJ? I’m building these monsters like the one shown here but I would love to find a flat, smooth, long enough roadway to open em up,

I’ve been hearing about the Floyd Bennett airfield but I’ve never been there. What do you guys know??
F9ADA032-4B40-4375-A50A-B9B143C58C5C.jpeg

I live in Queens, NYC. Never even considered building a speed runner. I've never been there, but Floyd Bennett airfield is the only place I've heard of in the NYC area. NY/NJ is not really a good spot for speed runners. It will be really hard to find a road long enough with no traffic to run on. Then it has to be smooth. Good luck finding a road no one uses that's perfectly smooth. I would never be able to go 100mph without hitting a car in my area.

A large parking lot for a shopping mall, late at night when no one is there is the best option I've found. I actually also have a bicycle velodrome nearby, but that got tricky to navigate even with a Granite with a 50mph top speed.

Last edited:
I usually will drive out to Long Island for speedrun, but its very hard to do speedruns in the city. I used to go to orchard beach parking lot in the bronx, but the parks dept guys try to kick us out.

The legend of Floyd Bennett field continues, I've heard it mentioned a million times, but have yet to meet someone who has actually run there. On that note I am going to try to get by there this week to scout it out. Speed runs in NYC are a no go not enough real estate. I've heard about drag at gateway mall at like 10PM on Friday or Saturday. I've been going around finding some bashing spots in Queens, mainly on the southside rn, but will be scouting some other areas soon. My fave testing area has been Roy Wilkins park on Merrick Blvd as there is a good bit of space and the grass is fairly low in most places. There is also a nice asphalt straight that's wide enough to do some drag pulls against someone. I also bashed in a little skate park along the Cross Island Pkwy, but not many good jumps around unless you send it like me over a tree and fence and hope you hit the rubber mat on landing and not the metal monkeybars!!

hi i live near central park.Im new to this hobby i just bought a monster truck and looking for a nice place try my RC.do you think its allowed to in the park?

hi i live near central park.Im new to this hobby i just bought a monster truck and looking for a nice place try my RC.do you think its allowed to in the park?
I'm in Philly and we kinda have the same issues. I'd say bring it out...run it around until someone official (police, park attendant, or someone with some kinda badge) tells you to move along. The majority of the people get it and if they have small kids actually like it cause the kids like it. Its them dog walkers you gotta watch out for. I've been chased by breakaway mutts at least 3 times. Luckily I was fast enough to get away.

I
I'm in Philly and we kinda have the same issues. I'd say bring it out...run it around until someone official (police, park attendant, or someone with some kinda badge) tells you to move along. The majority of the people get it and if they have small kids actually like it cause the kids like it. Its them dog walkers you gotta watch out for. I've been chased by breakaway mutts at least 3 times. Luckily I was fast enough to get away.
I say the most important thing is having situational awareness of your location. Are there people around? Animals? Just be respectful of who/ whatever shares that space. Central park is the main bastion of green space in Manhattan, making it very popular and crowded, but I am sure you can find an area where you can do it safely. My area in Queens has a good bit of green space so when the Circus arrived at the main park I go to, my buddies and I just relocated to another about 5 min away from there. Good luck and have fun!

So what's up new yorkers.
I'm in Rochester NY and have found that it is very difficult to find a smooth, long enough road to open up my limitless?
Anyone local to Rochester or suroundding areas that's knows of a good speed run road. Even went as far to ask the local airport but thier run way is worse then the roads I'm seeing.
Please help.
I'm out in Rochester, New to rc. But I've found the old Irondequoit mall has some good parking lots and there is a bike park in Farmington that has a ton of jumps

Hey all, im new on these forums, just bought a Typhon 3s. I live in NYC. Im aware of the BMX track in washington heights and skate park near yankee stadium. Im really close to central park, off the top of my head don't remember seeing any good places with jumps there plus its always crowed with thousands of people all over. Any clay, carpet or dirt offroad tracks in the 5 boroughs?

Hey all, im new on these forums, just bought a Typhon 3s. I live in NYC. Im aware of the BMX track in washington heights and skate park near yankee stadium. Im really close to central park, off the top of my head don't remember seeing any good places with jumps there plus its always crowed with thousands of people all over. Any clay, carpet or dirt offroad tracks in the 5 boroughs?
There are BMX jumps in Cunningham Park Queens. There are like 4-5 different areas with jumps spread out over the park. A long time ago I checked out one, but it was too narrow for RC. Since then someone told me about the other areas. I haven't driven them yet, but I did check out some YouTube videos. At least one of the areas looks like it would be good for RC jumping.

Once there are any bikes there, it becomes impossible to RC. So while it is not a crowded park, you won't be able to RC on a nice weather day on the weekend. You will have to go during off hours.

There are BMX jumps in Cunningham Park Queens. There are like 4-5 different areas with jumps spread out over the park. A long time ago I checked out one, but it was too narrow for RC. Since then someone told me about the other areas. I haven't driven them yet, but I did check out some YouTube videos. At least one of the areas looks like it would be good for RC jumping.

Once there are any bikes there, it becomes impossible to RC. So while it is not a crowded park, you won't be able to RC on a nice weather day on the weekend. You will have to go during off hours.
Hey man i appreciate the information, ill take a drive out there next weekend to check it out.

What about Vancourtland Park in the Bronx? Any good spots for bashing or to stretch the legs offroad or onroad???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back