Nylon lock nuts for Wheels, need extended hub threads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitr0EngiEx

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any 17mm wheel hubs with a bit longer thread so I can maybe fit a Nylon lock nut on it?, i don't like the think wheel nuts, sometimes they come loose. a nylon lock nut would fix that

Does anyone know of any 17mm wheel hubs with a bit longer thread so I can maybe fit a Nylon lock nut on it?, i don't like the think wheel nuts, sometimes they come loose. a nylon lock nut would fix that

As JvG suggested or look for some Nyloc half nuts. They are about 1/3 shorter. (Not sure that's enough) They would most likely have to come from a fastener supplier.

Man this makes no sense why not make the threads just a little longer so we can use nylon

Hi

I wounder if these would fit, there 17mm hex nuts for the Pro MT4x4! Contact both companies and find out what the thread size is.

IMG_3552.JPG

That's exactly what I want, I think its totally stupid that I can't find these or that manufacturers don't use nylons like the team associated buggy does

That's exactly what I want, I think its totally stupid that I can't find these or that manufacturers don't use nylons like the team associated buggy does
I agree with you that nylon locking nuts would be helpful. When you say "like the team associated buggy does", do you mean like the 1/10 Associated buggy? All of the 1/8 Associated buggies that I have looked up/seen have used the standard 1/8 scale, wheel connection, which is a 17mm hex while all of the 1/10 Associated buggies have used the standard 1/10 scale wheel connection, which is a 4mm nylon lock nut. I believe that most, if not all of the 1/10 use the same threads and most, if not all of the 1/8 scale use the same threads.

They must have changed it, back in the day I had a B6 Buggy 1/10, 12MM hex I think with nylocks front and rear. They never ever came off.

They must have changed it, back in the day I had a B6 Buggy 1/10, 12MM hex I think with nylocks front and rear. They never ever came off.
Yes, the 1/10 scale has 12mm hexes with nylocks as I said above. The 1/8 scale never has on any of the brands as far as I know.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back