Outcast O6S EXB rear LSD/warranty question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibocain23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
I bought the shim kit to convert it to open. But I’m wondering, I’d like to keep the LSD in the rear and see how I like it or don’t like it. My first (and so far only) run with the car, after picking it up by the front and back I did notice the area around the rear was very warm. So here’s my question… if I keep it LSD and it blows or something goes wrong. How do I go about getting the replacement parts through horizon hobby? Or are they going to give me a ton of issues and make me jump through hoops to get it covered under warranty (which is the main reason I was going to convert it to open so I could avoid that, if that’s what was going to happen). Also with the fact that I felt the area get very warm is that a guarantee that it’s going to give me issues? Or is that normal. Thank you for whoever answers these questions. I have other cars and don’t mind if this one is waiting for warranty parts to come in. As long as it’s not a painful process or months and months of waiting. I just use this car to jump ramps and poop btw not drive around.

I bought the shim kit to convert it to open. But I’m wondering, I’d like to keep the LSD in the rear and see how I like it or don’t like it. My first (and so far only) run with the car, after picking it up by the front and back I did notice the area around the rear was very warm. So here’s my question… if I keep it LSD and it blows or something goes wrong. How do I go about getting the replacement parts through horizon hobby? Or are they going to give me a ton of issues and make me jump through hoops to get it covered under warranty (which is the main reason I was going to convert it to open so I could avoid that, if that’s what was going to happen). Also with the fact that I felt the area get very warm is that a guarantee that it’s going to give me issues? Or is that normal. Thank you for whoever answers these questions. I have other cars and don’t mind if this one is waiting for warranty parts to come in. As long as it’s not a painful process or months and months of waiting. I just use this car to jump ramps and poop btw not drive around.
Man don't want sound mean but ur not the only person I read about warranty parts the only thing that should be warranty is the ESC and motor and maybe servo. I look at it as all part of the hobby. I not going to email someone and cry that my diff blow out or a shaft bent or a bearing locked up. No I going fix it myself and chalk it up as a lose. But that's just me🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️👊👊

Warranty process is easy if your claim is legit. If the parts are in stock you will have them within a week if you are in the US. I have been running my exb rear diff with the lsd plates in the “less slip” configuration with no issues so far.

Man don't want sound mean but ur not the only person I read about warranty parts the only thing that should be warranty is the ESC and motor and maybe servo. I look at it as all part of the hobby. I not going to email someone and cry that my diff blow out or a shaft bent or a bearing locked up. No I going fix it myself and chalk it up as a lose. But that's just me🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️👊👊
I hear ya. But why pay for the part if I can get it covered under warranty for free and drive my other cars in the meantime ya know.

Believe me ur nit going to blow anything with an LSD setup. Its hot yes even almost burn my finger on touching the center diff outdrive. But it wont melt anything. If it melt somehow its going to be covereD. Horizonhobby do cover poop that usnt ur fault. Like a bent wheel out of the box that gets replaced or a leaky diff or shock. They will send you the seals/ gasket to fix it
That isnt the same thing. One is crying at ur own mistake. Another one is a crap thing that shoudl nevee have happened. In my case i had a bent wheel and a tire and foam fly off my new notorious in the first run. I would be extremly mad if they didnt remplace that under warranty because its not my fault that if someone in china decided to crap on my new rc and make it blow off in the first run after i did all the verifications
Warranty is there to correct manufacturer defects. Its jason dearen own words i remember when a guy was crying at a 24m hex who do not fit his kraton 8s truck. He said to call the warranty department. From what im aware an hex too isnt an esc or a motor

Last edited:
Warranty process is easy if your claim is legit. If the parts are in stock you will have them within a week if you are in the US. I have been running my exb rear diff with the lsd plates in the “less slip” configuration with no issues so far.
Link for this “less slip” configuration? What fluid are you running in it too?

4A40CC4D-33DC-4BAC-B03E-2254CDF722AB.jpeg

Bottom right corner. Im running 25k rear. 300k center. 50k front

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back