Outcast O8S snapped rear Hinge pin - not bent snapped clean off - crazy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aametzger

TORTURED RC
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Outcast 8s
I got back from a quick run today with my outcast 8s and when I was looking over the truck post run, I noticed some extra play in the rr suspension arm. I assumed it was arm stretching out some where the hinge pin goes through, but I thought I would take it apart to investigate further. The below pic is what i discovered.. to me this was crazy. I have bent my fair share of hinge pins in many rc cars, but I don't think I have ever seen a clean break like before. I just thought I would share. Luckily I had spare pins so its fixed now, but WOW!
IMG_1723.jpeg

I got back from a quick run today with my outcast 8s and when I was looking over the truck post run, I noticed some extra play in the rr suspension arm. I assumed it was arm stretching out some where the hinge pin goes through, but I thought I would take it apart to investigate further. The below pic is what i discovered.. to me this was crazy. I have bent my fair share of hinge pins in many rc cars, but I don't think I have ever seen a clean break like before. I just thought I would share. Luckily I had spare pins so its fixed now, but WOW!
View attachment 101914
It’s good steel. Rather take a very hard hit to snap it then have moderate hits bend it all the time.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back