Big Rock Obliterated slipper plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevykev

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon 6s
Has this happened to anyone before? LOL

4068 2050kv motor
Metal input, crown, spur gear 23t pinion
Quicrun 150

User error? Is this a result of a tight slipper clutch? Lmfao

94F17226-9942-45EB-BB2A-A2CB5EA6E1C3.jpeg

3EFF2A40-70D6-4470-9842-2396E08601EE.jpeg

92932BCF-2F66-49E8-B7C9-0E5D1BA00A94.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, running a considerably less powerful engine and only because I didn’t fully click it it in. You really tore that one up. Running a lot of power through it also.

I think if I was running your set up I would try hot racing metal spur pads and and keep the spur a bit loose to absorb the shock even at speed.

Yes, running a considerably less powerful engine and only because I didn’t fully click it it in. You really tore that one up. Running a lot of power through it also.

I think if I was running your set up I would try hot racing metal spur pads and and keep the spur a bit loose to absorb the shock even at speed.
Wasn’t aware those were a thing lol. I’ll check it out! Thanks!

Wasn’t aware those were a thing lol. I’ll check it out! Thanks!
It’s not my idea. Somebody running 4s used it as a solution and I always planned on trying it once I start running that kind of power through one of my 3s cars. It makes sense but again I did not do it myself. I’m just really bad at remembering who does what so I’m always saying ‘some guy’ or ‘some body’ or ‘who the hell knows who did it but…’

It’s not my idea. Somebody running 4s used it as a solution and I always planned on trying it once I start running that kind of power through one of my 3s cars. It makes sense but again I did not do it myself. I’m just really bad at remembering who does what so I’m always saying ‘some guy’ or ‘some body’ or ‘who the hell knows who did it but…’
Gotcha haha. I might’ve had the slipper too tight idk. I’m still learning lol. New parts ordered already though!

I picked up the plate and hub set thank you!
Keep in mind that is stock replacement so it’s the same thing you tore up already. So you gotta figure out why or else you’ll just tear out another one.
Keep in mind that is stock replacement so it’s the same thing you tore up already. So you gotta figure out why or else you’ll just tear out another one.
I put an old bearing race around the end of the hub where it plugs into the rear differential on all 4 of my 3s cars. This prevents it from mushroom and cracking. It will not prevent it from tearing out like that though lol.

Attachments

• 4BE3D54F-6BFC-44C4-8B56-93F5D00A77D3.jpeg
    4BE3D54F-6BFC-44C4-8B56-93F5D00A77D3.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 42F5D2C4-4CFE-4D9A-837F-C67AAB64752C.jpeg
    42F5D2C4-4CFE-4D9A-837F-C67AAB64752C.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
The ARA311106 is 1mm thicker than the old stock version. It sure looks stronger 💪

Yes, the updated motor mount is definitely thicker. I have one on my typhon and have yet to bend it.
Has this happened to anyone before? LOL

4068 2050kv motor
Metal input, crown, spur gear 23t pinion
Quicrun 150

User error? Is this a result of a tight slipper clutch? Lmfao

View attachment 201766

View attachment 201767

View attachment 201768
Outta curiosity, what were you doing when this happened? Were are you jumping, have a bad wreck previously, bad impact or anything?

Many people crack/bend that end of the slipper, although I've never seen it that badly damaged. I could see a bent motor mount that puts the slipper at a bad angle with the input gear causing it. Check if your motor mount lies flat on a flat surface. Not having it clicked all the way in like Velodromed said could also put it at a bad angle and chew it up.

I've slightly bent two slippers at that end. The bearing race trick probably helps, but it didn't prevent the second bend. I think my bent slippers (and stripped rear differential/input gears) are the result of jump landing impact. On hard landings, I think the rear of the chassis flexes around where the slipper/input gear/differential meet. This can put them at an angle to each other and cause damage. I got the 4s tower to tower center brace to stop chassis flex. So far so good, no more rear diff/input gear problems. If you jump with hard landings, or had a hard impact, it could be a possible cause.

Last edited:
Yes, the updated motor mount is definitely thicker. I have one on my typhon and have yet to bend it.

Outta curiosity, what were you doing when this happened? Were are you jumping, have a bad wreck previously, bad impact or anything?
I was just doing some routine jumping. I had just installed the new pinion also I wanted to test it out. I messed with the slipper before hand as it was cogging so I thought it was lose so I figured I’d tighten it up a bit more.

Not too sure what happened and I’m still trying to figure it out. A newb to this so I’m working through the kinks as the come. So

I messed with the slipper before hand as it was cogging so I thought it was lose so I figured I’d tighten it up a bit more.
A really tight slipper that doesn't slip could also probably cause that. Your slipper should never be cranked down tight. Once you meet resistance when screwing the slipper screw, STOP, that's fully tight. How much you loosen after that is a matter of personal preference, but you definitely shouldn't go any tighter.

I was just doing some routine jumping. I had just installed the new pinion also I wanted to test it out. I messed with the slipper before hand as it was cogging so I thought it was lose so I figured I’d tighten it up a bit more.

Not too sure what happened and I’m still trying to figure it out. A newb to this so I’m working through the kinks as the come. So
Well that is a lot of power you’re trying to pump through something made for… less power. That and landing it under throttle or similar maybe made it more than it could handle.

Perhaps it was cogging because you put a pretty tall pinion in. Try it with a 20t and loosen the slipper some. Ease off of and be careful with the throttle, especially when jumping. These cars are tough but they have limitations.

A really tight slipper that doesn't slip could also probably cause that. Your slipper should never be cranked down tight. Once you meet resistance when screwing the slipper screw, STOP, that's fully tight. How much you loosen after that is a matter of personal preference, but you definitely shouldn't go any tighter.
That sounds like the issue here. I def tightened that thing down possibly more than necessary.
Yeah, you have a combination of things all of which will stress that rear slipper. A stiff metal crown and input gear, a 23t pinion spinning at very high RPM, a tightened slipper, and jumps.
When I see it typed out I see where I went wrong haha
Many people crack/bend that end of the slipper, although I've never seen it that badly damaged. I could see a bent motor mount that puts the slipper at a bad angle with the input gear causing it. Check if your motor mount lies flat on a flat surface. Not having it clicked all the way in like Velodromed said could also put it at a bad angle and chew it up.

I've slightly bent two slippers at that end. The bearing race trick probably helps, but it didn't prevent the second bend. I think my bent slippers (and stripped rear differential/input gears) are the result of jump landing impact. On hard landings, I think the rear of the chassis flexes around where the slipper/input gear/differential meet. This can put them at an angle to each other and cause damage. I got the 4s tower to tower center brace to stop chassis flex. So far so good, no more rear diff/input gear problems. If you jump with hard landings, or had a hard impact, it could be a possible cause.
Motor mount is A-okay and that’s surprising after what I put it through haha
This is how the gear was meshed. Looks right?

Attachments

• BB57B7C7-0D6B-406D-934D-D4FC5D9070BD.jpeg
    BB57B7C7-0D6B-406D-934D-D4FC5D9070BD.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 56
To avoid overtightening your slipper, you can use the wheel skid method. Note: I think this method gets you fully tight and I prefer to loosen after that. Others like to run their slippers this tight. But one thing for sure, you can never overtighten your slipper using this method.

To avoid overtightening your slipper, you can use the wheel skid method. Note: I think this method gets you fully tight and I prefer to loosen after that. Others like to run their slippers this tight. But one thing for sure, you can never overtighten your slipper using this method.
I actually used this method. I think I went wrong by letting it tighten up a bit more after the wheels started locking up. Instead of stopping I used some resistance to tighten it up thinking it needs to be tighter.

Can you run a 40mm motor on there? I noticed the description said 36

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back