Kraton Odd rear wheels stance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, without any videos showing what you're actually seeing/experiencing...
And, only going by your words (& a photo) describing the issues.. Makes it very difficult to diagnose the problems.

Pillow balls could be over tightened or the servo could be bad.
I’ve had strange servo action and it turn out my cheap overpriced hot racing servo horn stripped. Check the splines of the horn. Also stock is 23 and every other is 25. Nice trick from Arrma or spectrum. I am an Arrma fan!

Any thoughts that the servo may be defective now? I recall during the initial install, the arm didn’t mount to the centered servo in a perfect middle position. It was off by a few degrees from true middle. 🤷🏽‍♂️
It is completely normal and nothing to worry about.
That's what sub-trim and trim are for.

If it really bothers you so much, get a programmable servo. You can adjust the center point on those usually.

As for your wheels turning further to one side than the other...that's most likely not the servo.
Disconnect the steering linkage or horn, set endpoints and (sub-)trim to neutral/100 and check if its still turning further to one side than the other.

You wrote, "I set the endpoints and all seemed well UNTIL I turned to the right." now I am wondering how you set your endpoints without actually turning to the right while adjusting the endpoints?
Usually, when adjusting endpoints on a new servo you fully turn left or right and then dial back the endpoint until the servo isn´t stalling (should hear a buzzing sound or something like that) anymore at full throw.

You would have noticed right then, not after setting your endpoints?

Last edited:
Also, are you using the stock radio? If it isn’t turning far enough in one direction then it sounds like your endpoints are not properly set up. And it’s hard to tell from the picture, but that bent stainless screw sure does look really long. When you screw the horn onto the servo make sure there is no resistance and it’s not bottoming out on any of the servo internals. If it did, even a tad, and you torqued it down you could damage the servo.
When the servo horn is removed from the servo, does the servo power up, center itself, and steer equally in both directions? If it doesn’t (and your wheels steer smoothly without the servo connected) then the only two real possibilities are improper set up (endpoints) or bad servo. If I’m missing any other possibilities, someone please chime in.

My apologies for the delayed reply, as this was handled some time ago. The servo horn and bellcrank were extremely off. Also, I had the horn cranked down way to much on the servo.

And yes, the servo linkage screw was too long and rubbing against the chassis. Rear wheels were fine, once I measured and set the camber equal on each side. Thanks everyone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back