Mojave Of these three ARRMA vehicles, which one should I buy for my application.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
I'm ready to buy an ARRMA R/C vehicle. I have a $600 budget not counting batteries, charger, etc.
I want to use this vehicle as a mobile camera platform to shoot POV stunts. (No bashing).

These three trucks are in the same price range.
What are the pro's and con's of each vehicle.

#1.
ARRMA Mojave 6S BLX 4WD RC Truck RTR

ARRMA KRATON 1/8 Scale BLX Brushless 4WD RC Speed

ARRMA Notorious 1/8 Scale BLX Brushless 4WD RC Stunt Truck RTR

I'm ready to buy an ARRMA R/C vehicle. I have a $600 budget not counting batteries, charger, etc.

#1.

1) Wait for the EXB Mojave. Should be coming very soon. If you have lots of wide open flat space, this is your truck.

2) Kraton EXB is what I would pick. If you like the best of all worlds, the Kraton is King

3) The Notorious isn’t my cup of tea, but if you want the ultimate flip machine, this is it.

1) Wait for the EXB Mojave. Should be coming very soon. If you have lots of wide open flat space, this is your truck.

2) Kraton EXB is what I would pick. If you like the best of all worlds, the Kraton is King

3) The Notorious isn’t my cup of tea, but if you want the ultimate flip machine, this is it.
Thanks for quick response and info. I will consider all your suggestions. Thanks.

if u where to mount a camera on one of them,I would want the most stable ,planted one.imo noto cartwheels the worst,Mojave barrel rolls the worst.. lower suspension on KRATON would be my pic

I want to use this vehicle as a mobile camera platform to shoot POV stunts. (No bashing).

These three trucks are in the same price range.

#1.

I can appreciate the other's suggestions, but from what I've seen on YouTube, the Mojave's suspension would be the most forgiving over a variety of terrains. I've seen videos where they run in heavily rutted construction sites, and the truck just seems to remain flat while stomping around. May have a lot to do with the tire choice on it as well. Between the tires and suspension, I believe they have found the perfect short course/dessert racer type ride, which would help when doing the filming you are considering.

"mobile camera platform to shoot POV stunts"
Vehicle stunts or stunts outside of the RC hobby?
Camera platform and mounting hardware?

Need more info to help as I'm a videographer and have considered several filming techniques using an RC vehicle. If using the HERO8 Black you will be able to take advantage of the HyperSmooth 2.0 technology. If you are looking for a POV, I'm assuming you are capturing another moving object. As you know, the GoPro has it's own limitations and a professional system would enable several cinematography features.

Keep in mind, it's not just the vehicle moving the camera around but the entire system and overall application requirements.

I can appreciate the other's suggestions, but from what I've seen on YouTube, the Mojave's suspension would be the most forgiving over a variety of terrains. I've seen videos where they run in heavily rutted construction sites, and the truck just seems to remain flat while stomping around. May have a lot to do with the tire choice on it as well. Between the tires and suspension, I believe they have found the perfect short course/dessert racer type ride, which would help when doing the filming you are considering.
Thanks for your insight. Your comments make a lot of sense for my application. I will also look into the tire choice issue.

"mobile camera platform to shoot POV stunts"
Vehicle stunts or stunts outside of the RC hobby?
Camera platform and mounting hardware?

Need more info to help as I'm a videographer and have considered several filming techniques using an RC vehicle. If using the HERO8 Black you will be able to take advantage of the HyperSmooth 2.0 technology. If you are looking for a POV, I'm assuming you are capturing another moving object. As you know, the GoPro has it's own limitations and a professional system would enable several cinematography features.

Keep in mind, it's not just the vehicle moving the camera around but the entire system and overall application requirements.
I'll be shooting B roll POV (quick cut stuff) for commercials, driving the R/C vehicle with a GoPro 3-axis stabilized camera through actual scaled down 3D dioramas. I am currently testing prototype outrigger camera mounts to get 360° rotating shots.

Mojave would be my suggestion as well, based on your choices. Reality on the upcoming EXB, it's probably 6-8 weeks out and you would need to build it up.
Mojave itself seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Honestly, I'd go with a Senton with your application.
A little more scale looking, handling similar to Mojave and readily available.

Otherwise your order is aplicable, Notorious is the least stable.

I'll be shooting B roll POV (quick cut stuff) for commercials, driving the R/C vehicle with a GoPro 3-axis stabilized camera through actual scaled down 3D dioramas. I am currently testing prototype outrigger camera mounts to get 360° rotating shots.
WOW!
That sounds super cool. I would love to see some portfolio work or even samples after you are complete. I've been interested in B roll techniques using the rigs. Sounds like you are cruising through a 3D diorama, guessing a city or some sort of architecture. I'm trying to capture other vehicles to get better POV shots.

Anyway, I own a Kraton and a Senton (a small version of a Mohave) and although the SC trucks have a lower center of gravity the Kraton will be more flexible across various terrains. I think the Mohave would be better at low speeds and the Kraton would be better at high speeds with undulating surfaces.

Large tires of a Kraton would soak up terrain better IMO. I have a gimbal that I use with a GoPro strapped to a Granite using a 3D printed mount. Works well. I just need another operator to help with shots as it’s impossible to one hand drive two rigs ???‍♂️

Large tires of a Kraton would soak up terrain better IMO. I have a gimbal that I use with a GoPro strapped to a Granite using a 3D printed mount. Works well. I just need another operator to help with shots as it’s impossible to one hand drive two rigs ???‍♂️
Agree with @jondilly1974 , the tires on a Kraton or larger and much better at absorbing vibration. Although with a 3-axis mount and stabilization in camera and post-production that might not be an issue. Keep in mind all vehciles have the ability to run a variety of tires. This includes belted, various tread patterns, off road, and road.

Mojave!! Mine doesn’t roll..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back