Off road tyres for a Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
I'm sorted for on road with the new GRP Evo tyres but am looking for something that'll work well off road, primarily grass or gravel. Needs to fit with stock kit, ie my Typhon isn't extended in any way.

Duratrax lockups are my go to. You can get them mounted or not mounted for your mounting pleasures... been a solid tire.

Has anyone tried the 3s tires with 6s? I'd be curious if they hold up!

I think Vas from AussieRC had something to say about using the 3s tires on the 6s rig. Check one of these 2 vids.

The H20 tires seem good enough for the 6s buggy but they haven't left my 3s buggy except to vent them. I use these as my go to tire for dirt & grass: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-Big-Bl...d-1-8-Buggy-Tires-Glued-17mm-hex/311809710060

I don't think the seller knows what he have in those tires. I've been using them for years on all my 1/8 buggies, 4-6s all day & I have never blown one. He clearly states they're for 1-3 cell lipo (yeah 1 cell :ROFLMAO:) But they are Badland knockoffs in every sense, right down to the ribbed reinforcement. They haven't seen any 3 cell action from me.

Pro line buggy badlands tires work well. I tried the 3s typhons on the street and they were a little too soft and ballooned a lot. You have to be careful with the typhon hubs, the hex sits right against the hub so if you have a tire with a little overhang it will lock up the wheel. I like the 4s outcast tires and even the Mojave tires but you need to at least put kraton hubs and axles on to run them. Not sure about the Talion tires but I run them on my widened typhon.

Attachments

• black widow.jpg
    black widow.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 65
  • typhons.jpg
    typhons.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 65
  • typhons2.jpg
    typhons2.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 55
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back