Typhon off the line launch with original red electronics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have the older typhon, v1 I believe. when I am at a dead stop and punch it, it sits there in hesitation mode for about a full 1.5 seconds and then takes off. when I am gliding thru the air and leaning forward/down I punch the throttle to level out. nope bc 1.5 seconds later ive already slammed my nose into the dirt. I tried messing with the different modes on the esc. alse tried adjusting the throttle via the controller with no luck. is it like this for everyone? is there a way to change it?

note: have only run 3s so far

thanks for any input

Sounds like ol'red, the BLX180 ESC. Yeah, there is nothing to be done about that throttle delay. Well, there is one thing you can do - upgrade!
:)

BLX185 off ebay for about $65 is the best cheap upgrade.

Don't see why it's not adjustable with the 180. Kinda pisses me off. Anyway the esc is with arrma right now getting fixed. Hopefully they just trash that one and upgrade me to a 185 free of charge

Yeah, back in the V1 days, this was a weekly / daily topic. We were all whining about the blx180. Those that were not complaining about that delay were whining that their ESC had gone up in smoke... Then add the folks that had issues with the fake-deans plug, and I am amazed the Arrma 1/8 scale line ever got off the ground. LOL I had 2 of BLX180's. Still have one in my toolbox, but I won't run it as long as I have another esc that works.

Well hopefully the kinks are worked out with 185.

Especially since I received my package from arrma today. They sent me a brand new blx185. Pretty excited to get this guy up and running!

Will the blx185 hook right up and go? I'm hoping nothing special has to be done to when running a blx185 with the old red motor

Should hook right up. Are the motor bullets the right size? I know the BLX200 uses larger motor bullets, but IDK what the blx185 uses If you need to swap bullets, DON"T clip the motor bullets off, de-solder them. The motor leads can be very tough to tin, if you are working with new copper.

They plugged right in. Should be good to go then. Bout to throw this new aluminum servo mount on to help stay away from another servo malfunction and then she how she runs

About the only thing I can think of is recalibrate your transmitter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back