Official “No Prep Dragracing” Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost ready to tear up the street! 😈

22C1FA1A-4EE1-4790-89F4-2FF8FE26703C.jpeg
2D28DB96-B617-4BB9-AA35-DED2062F8A54.jpeg

Is there any other No Prep forum on the net that is well contributed besides this one? My son an I just jumped in with a DR10 purchase, made some upgrades, and now have many questions while running the stock ECU and motor. Mainly my questions are around relationship with the stock power/torque curve, gearing, rpm (and calculation), and the math behind these. Thanks in advance.

A tip:
The hard core Cash Day guys are using this Utra Blue Traction compound. A game changer. No one can compete with these guys unless you are using this particular Scale Car Tire traction compound on your RC dragsters. These are the guys that hold world record No Prep Drag times. Serious cash involved here with these guys. The compound is so sticky that you can pick up the tires with 2 fingers stuck from a mere touch of the tire. The compound sits on the surface of the rubber and leaves the rubber intact below it. Won't degrade the rubber. Seems to work best on the DE's. Most use DE anyway.

https://www.autoyas.com/US/Edmond/1511039955859065/Ultra-Blue-Traction-Compound

A tip:
The hard core Cash Day guys are using this Utra Blue Traction compound. A game changer. No one can compete with these guys unless you are using this particular Scale Car Tire traction compound on your RC dragsters. These are the guys that hold world record No Prep Drag times. Serious cash involved here with these guys. The compound is so sticky that you can pick up the tires with 2 fingers stuck from a mere touch of the tire. The compound sits on the surface of the rubber and leaves the rubber intact below it. Won't degrade the rubber. Seems to work best on the DE's. Most use DE anyway.

https://www.autoyas.com/US/Edmond/1511039955859065/Ultra-Blue-Traction-Compound
Thanks for the tip. I've read the same about Ultra Blue except to add that most no-prep races you cannot leave any type of residue on the starting line so you must at least scrub the tires before running. The local guys we ran with are using simply green cleaner. One complete wipe, dry, and the tires are clean and somewhat sticky.

^^^
I use Simple Green here by the gallon myself. I have the itch to Drag myself. I have a pan car Direct drive I want to convert for Pro Class. Never had a drag RC before. But follow it closely. Tossing the idea around. I always wipe my Speed run Rubber ( Lim and Infr.) before and after my runs with SG. SG does keep the Rubber very sticky and cleans rubber well. It does not build up at all. I use full strength. Important to use on brand new rubber before a first run on them.
I never saw mention of any Saucing being a problem with dragging and residue left behind. "No prep" I thought, only refers to the tarmac surface NOT being "intentionally" sauced in any way. Unlike Scale drags using sugar spray. What is left behind from a traction compound is not intentional in any way. It is not considered track Prepping???? I know rules are all over the place with this RC segment. But the High dollar Cash guys holding the best records use it with no rules barring it. Depends on the venue I guess. And Saucing is not regulated as to what you can and cannot use. Who is to say what you use? Much of this is kept from your competitors and judges rarely distnguish what you can and cannot use. Can they really tell themselves. Homebrew sauces are common anyway. How can you be disqualified or barred.
Just posing the question. I am new to this RC segment.:)

I’d love to be able to make some home brewed sauce... Lot of guy’s keep there gearing and tire prep top secret.

I’d love to be able to make some home brewed sauce... Lot of guy’s keep there gearing and tire prep top secret.
My secret
1629895538269.png

Finally got to test out my custom Losi 22s. First off I’ll start by saying, I have no Idea WTF I’m doing yet… 😂
That said I felt like a complete dip the first couple passes, but after a few passes I started to get the hang.. Finally got my gps to work on the last two passes, and OMG! Totally shocked at these numbers for never doing this… 🤯

second to last pass
11928F19-3613-4656-89AF-355AD38F27F7.png

Last pass

BA70142F-D5D5-4FD1-A6EA-F49347EC0682.png

Finally got to test out my custom Losi 22s. First off I’ll start by saying, I have no Idea WTF I’m doing yet… 😂
That said I felt like a complete dip the first couple passes, but after a few passes I started to get the hang.. Finally got my gps to work on the last two passes, and OMG! Totally shocked at these numbers for never doing this… 🤯

second to last pass
View attachment 166809

Last pass

View attachment 166810

So close to sub 3.00, nice passes.

Hammer ... Have you tried programming the esc? Turn it up and get ya’ some. You’ll be running sub 3.0 over 50 mph

Hammer ... Have you tried programming the esc? Turn it up and get ya’ some. You’ll be running sub 3.0 over 50 mph
I haven’t played with much of the settings yet, like I said this was the very first outing. So hopefully I get some more free time soon to mess around with it. 🤙

FedEx dropped off my warranty receiver and transmitter. Took 10min Losi Camaro after 9 weeks and numerous issues. It is up and running. I do have an extra ESC. I tossed the old transmitter and receiver. Wasn't sure which was the issue . Not going to even try to see if either was good. Looking forward to running it. Maybe tomorrow raining in FL.

Broke the sub 3.00 barrier today, not bad for second outing. Lots of roof skids today tho. Might gear up a tooth next time.
515CB84C-15FB-4E44-B396-2A09D22E4FF9.png

Back