Kraton Official K8S Available Hop-ups Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a servo saver upgrade, or is it ok and the stock servo just sucks, I've tried everything I know to get this car to turn and it just struggles to return the wheels to center. There is so much slop in the steering and the servo saver seems to work itself off center and not return properly???

I've got the m2c servo saver axle coming and a new servo and tray, but I don't know if that will fix the servo saver itself.
My pillow balls get bent up and my steering goes to crap and gets super tight. Also the plastic pos adjusters self tighten. (Are there aluminum ones available?)Anyway, when those things are ok I get great steering with my cheap 1/5 70kg Banggood special servo. Stock servo is pretty poor performing.

My pillow balls get bent up and my steering goes to crap and gets super tight. Also the plastic pos adjusters self tighten. (Are there aluminum ones available?)Anyway, when those things are ok I get great steering with my cheap 1/5 70kg Banggood special servo. Stock servo is pretty poor performing.
Thanks mate, I've been checking the pillow ball adjusters, I set them like the 6s stuff, but do they need to be looser? When you say pillow balls get bent up what do you mean? This has been an issue from the start, I haven't driven hard enough yet to damage anything. I think the servo I ordered is something similar to what you mention. I wanted to see if that helped before paying for a decent servo. Cheers

The metal ball gets off centered when the thinnest part between the threads and the ball bends. I’ve had to take them out and beat them straight again. When my steering starts to squeak I know I need to look at them. I has happen twice while landing poorly. My adjusters will sometimes out of the blue get tight in the middle of a run. I adjust them like the 6s ones as well, floppy but no play.

The metal ball gets off centered when the thinnest part between the threads and the ball bends. I’ve had to take them out and beat them straight again. When my steering starts to squeak I know I need to look at them. I has happen twice while landing poorly. My adjusters will sometimes out of the blue get tight in the middle of a run. I adjust them like the 6s ones as well, floppy but no play.
Great info thanks mate

Is there a servo saver upgrade

Supposed to be this fall...

DBCE89F8-ED9E-4DF4-A776-E5158F5A140A.jpeg

I need a rear tail shaft that doesn't come pre bent from the factory? And some front drive shafts that don't bend when I keep stuffing up and nose diving!
I tried the 7mm driveshafts from GPM. They do bend, but not as much as the stock ones. I drive my K8S like that with no issues (with bent 7mm CVDS). It's drivable. Stock electronics and 23t pinion.

I went through three diff cups that look that exact same way. I am running the MMX8s with 800kv. The first dip cup I burnt out was on stock Electronics. I now have a rear end Locker in it from bulletproof RC that is working fine with no problems. It don't turn as good but I am not replacing gears anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back